Thursday, February 7, 2019

Challenges With Cards and Life


Here is our Crafter's of Faith challenge for February:
The Crafters of Faith hostess, Tracie, asked us to create a card
 with a theme of love in honor of her mom, whom just passed away. 
Tracie wants to remember mom with a love theme
 and use the scripture 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 New International Version (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


This was also a stamp borrowed from Jan.  I ordered it from Simon Says Stamps. Here's the information.

Riley And Company Funny Bones MOST WONDERFUL PLACE TO BE Cling Rubber Stamp RWD-326




This is a card I made with dies that my friend, Jan gave me. This is the first card I've made without stamping.
This is my mug of the day. Isn't it cute? I only have 2 Valentine's Day mugs. I make my cup of coffee and go to stir the creamer into the coffee.....

Ummmm....yea, I shouldn't have such a challenge BEFORE having my first cup of coffee!! LOL

Here's one of the cards I had for a friend to make yesterday when she came to stamp at my house.
We swap houses each month. The hostess designs the cards or project and we make them together.
Louise loved this card. You will too when you see the inside.
I laughed and laughed when I saw this online.  This was shared by Donna, on her blog found here.
I typed my sentiment and printed it on computer paper.  
Here was another card we made. I borrowed stamps from my friend, Jan and used them here.


This is the next card we made. I used my cat punch, oval and rectangle dies and that fun Gingham Gala designer series paper.  Check out the little pearls around her neck.

I saw Mary Fish's card here which was my inspiration.  Learn how to create this Gingahm Gala Card using the Happy Tails Bundle by Stampin' Up!. Stampin' Pretty, Mary Fish.

Here's the Valentine box we made. The LED candle inside is purple!  This was fun to make.  Here is the tutorial to make it.


Verse of the Day: Isaiah 14:27- No matter what you think, God has a plan for your life. You were made by God. You are not a mistake. God loves you more than anyone else in this world. He is the One to put your hope in.
Image result for Isaiah 14:27

This is a new to me, song from Danny Gokey. I've been dealing with some difficult things lately and have been leaning heavily on God. This is an encouragement to me. Thank you God for bringing it into my life tonight.


Blessing of the Day: I finished a hat and added fringe to three scarves. Tomorrow Tim and I will deliver all of the afghans I made this year to Pat Catans.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Blessings,

1 comment:

Tracie said...

What a gorgeous card Sue. I loved the sentiment inside. Thanks for a beautiful post and following along with my challenge.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...