Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Coffee, Crocheting, Cards and Class

Good, cold morning to you. This morning we have strong winds with snow. It's definitely a 2-Cup of coffee day. Check out my mug for today! Isn't he cute? He can't go in the dishwasher but his bells still ring and there's a little chip on his nose. He makes me smile each time I use him.
                          
Here are the 45 warm, crocheted afghans that were donated to Pat Catans for their Warm Up America Campaign. I'm sad that they are closing. I doubt another store will pick up their program of donating afghans.
I found that AC Moore takes donations of hats, gloves, scarves that will be sent to World Vision to use in Africa.  So, I've been making scarves and hats for that charity.  I love to crochet while watching tv with Tim.

 Here's a Valentine Card I made to send to a friend. The Panda and hearts are from a set from Gerda Stamps, called Lovely Pandas.
Here's another card I made with that same set.  Check out the embossing on both cards here. It is the new embossing called, Country Floral which will be part of the 3 new Sale-a-bration items you can earn beginning February 15th.
These two cards are for my two-grand kids. The girls love pink and purple. I heat embossed the snowflakes then added ink on top as an ink resist. Then I added the panel with these cute Gerda Steiner penguins from a set called, Long Time No See!

 This is one of the cards we made in class Monday morning. It's a piece of two-sided dsp that was cut in the center 1 1/4" up from the bottom of the paper.


 This card was made with Flowering Desert. I was showing the ladies how you can use stamps in sets for different purposes than what they were intended.
The desert ground was made by using one of the cactus pieces stamped in sahara sand repeatedly.
 This is the card I loved since it reminded me of Spring. I'd love to have Spring right now! I love the color combo of daffodil delight, night of navy and white. The Gingham Gala paper is one of my favs right now. Can you tell?


 This is the sweet cup we made. I gave the ladies the template for the sweet cup so they  could make their own.

Verse of the Day:Psalm 34:8
Image result for Psalm 34:8


Here's a song by Mercy Me called, Best News Ever. Give it a listen. God died for your sins and my sins. He offers us the FREE gift of salvation. All we have to do is ask for it. I know it seems too good to be true, but it's true.


Blessing of the Day: I'm so glad for family and friends. I mailed Valentines to them today. So those out of state will get them late, but get them just the same. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them for you.

Blessings,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...