Sunday, February 24, 2019

Before and After, Mouse, Cats and Monkeys

I just uploaded some pictures of our house as it was before the remodel and after the remodel.
BEFORE

AFTER
 AFTER
All of the wallpaper is gone, the carpeting is gone and so are the drapes.  I love my new space to work in. Everything is more compact and I can have a table for others to stamp on, out all of the time.  My husband worked so hard on all of the remodeling of the first floor.  He began 8 months ago and saved us tons of money by doing it himself.  Thank you Tim.

I can't believe my oldest is 24. Where has that time gone? Here's the card I made for him. We celebrated with cake and ice cream at his house. What a blessing the two girls were. They were so excited to have company, sing happy birthday and eat cake and ice cream.  A little bit of sugar and they were both wired for the rest of the night.  Thank goodness we found Veggie Tales for them to watch.

Here is the inspiration for Ben's card. Isn't this vase gorgeous? I love the swirling and the mix of blue and green.
IMG_3012

Here is the inspiration for my card. Isn't this sweet?
Cats Wall Art - Painting - My Furry Valentine by Debra Hall
My card was made using the mirroring technique so the cats a facing different ways. It also enabled me to intertwine their tales.

Here is the inspiration for my pineapple card.
I loved the colors they used for this card. I picked 3 colors and blended them on my stencil. Then I added light blue ink to fill in the white space. I stamped 3 pineapples, used a punch then added a black scallop die behind the image to make it stand out.

This was just what I needed today. I've been very stressed for weeks now. I have indeed been focusing on how stressed I was.
This morning I listened to Alistair Begg preach on anxiety.  Basically it comes down to us humbling ourselves and casting all of our anxieties on the Lord. He loves us and wants us to rely on Him for help during trying times.

He does NOT say I won't have bad times. He says, He will help me through those bad times.
Praising you God for leading me to this sermon today.

Tonight our granddaughters visited while Ben and Rachel led their Life Group at church.  It is about 70 minutes and it can be easy and fun or hard and not fun!  The 3 year old is very active and she doesn't have a long attention span. 3 year old's typically don't have a long attention span.
I noticed when she played with Barbie she practically was yelling as she was playing. I had to tell her to be quieter several times.  Needless to say, I had a headache after she left.

We made a birthday card for their mom. I guess her birthday passed, but I told the girls they could still make a card for her. I know she's gonna love them.

My son read a favorite book to the girls. It was one we'd read with him years and years ago.

It's a favorite book because it's a predictable book repeating some of the lines over and over through out the book. At the very end, you see all 5 monkeys with ice on the bumps on their head. The last picture shows Mama jumping on the bed!  It made everyone laugh that a Mama would jump on the bed.

Verse of the Day:1Peter 5:6-7
When you realize how much God loves you, it's easy to humble yourself and ask God for help.
He loves us more than anyone here on earth. He created each and every one of us for a purpose.
Related image

This is a song by King and Country called, God Only Knows. My 7 year old granddaughter was singing it tonight. So I chose it for the song for today. I also chose it because it shows how anxiety can affect you. It shows how God sent someone to comfort and calm.


Blessing of the Day: We got to visit with Ben and Rachel. We got to babysit for Zoey and Kaeline, Tim got to visit his dad and siblings and I got to spend time with the Lord studying anxiety.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to post more often.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...