Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Kristina, Cards and Tim


Three years ago we lost a most amazing woman. Kristina was a co-worker buy more like a sister. We were part of the Special Education Team for our school. We all had desks in the same large area. It was wonderful to be able to float ideas, share sadness and laugh at ourselves. We were a team that was the best you'd find in the district, for sure.
Kristina had just gotten her life together. Her little guy was three, she was engaged, they were buying a house.  Life was GREAT! She died in her sleep of natural causes.  We all miss you so much Kristina. This is one of my favorite pictures of her. I can still hear her laugh, it was contagious!

God warned us about our tongue and the damage it could do. When I saw this, I had to share it. We don't know what people are going through. A smile or kind word might make someone's day.

I have felt better lately and really been anxious to make cards. Here are a few that were made as a result of SCS challenges.  

 Isn't this a stinkin' cute card? I just love this little guy. He is from a set from Gerda Steiner called, Lovely Pandas. I followed a technique card one of their artist's made. She put distress ink on white. Then she put a stencil down. Instead of brushing color on it, she took a baby wipe and removed color. then she heat embossed the hearts and added the image.

Here's my card for, a challenge called, Under the Weather. The inspiration for this came from Tina Smith. I took her idea and changed some things.
I sponged the peacock ink onto white cardstock. Then I taped the brick stencil on top. I used a wet baby wipe and removed color from the sponged area. I heat embossed white hearts on the panel. I added a white frame. I colored the panda and added dimensionals, then added him to the frame. I added the dry embossing, the ribbon and rhinestones. I just think he's so stinkin' cute!

 This was for the color challenge this week. The colors were, black, gold and green.  The technique I used was found here.
I put versamark on the inside of the embossing folder with the Stampin' Up label on it. I added the gold paper to the ef then put it through the Big Shot. I added black embossing powder to the embossed gold sheet. I used a small brush to brush some of the black ep off of the flowers. I heat embossed the gold paper. I layered it on a gold sheet then on a black base. I cut prayers from call me clover. Then I brushed it with gold wink of stella.

 This card was for the sketch challenge. I stamped then colored and fussy cut the bird. I embossed the base card stock with country floral embossing folder. I stacked the layers then added the sentiment and bird with dimensionals.

This is a kit I put together after seeing Kylie's Video, here.
Her idea is to have cut rectangles to make different layouts for your cards.  I added more rectangles so I'd have some for sentiments.  I also gathered punched shapes I had to help with creating layouts. I hope to share with my March Classes.



Verse of the Day:Isaiah 45:5-6
Image result for Isaiah 45:5-6


Blessing of the Day: I got some things done today that needed to get done. I also started walking and riding my bike in the basement. This is the second day in a row. I pray that I can keep it up.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...