Sunday, March 3, 2019

Checking In

Today was a difficult day. I visited Mom. She seemed tired and it was hard to finish sentences she'd started. She was confused about where her room was. She wanted to go to her room and take a nap right after lunch.

It's days like this I know it could just be a bad day. Or it could be her brain is losing more information as she ages.  I know that's what will happen, but it's hard to live through it, especially if you are in town and can visit.

If you are out of town, you are thankful people visit and give reports to you. You may even be thankful you don't have to face this. God knows what we can handle and He is right there with us. He never promised life would be easy, but He promised He'd be with me every step of the way.
Praising you God for all you do for me!

My challenge was to use foil. I used a Heidi Swapp paper and added metallic paper then put it through the laminator. I stamped, colored and fussy cut this cutie panda. I took white paper and sponged peacock on it. Then I put my brick stencil down and lightly brushed it with a wet baby wipe. This removed some of the ink on the bricks. I added this behind the opening. I stamped my sentiment on left-over paper and added it to another foil rectangle. The sentiment and bear were added with dimensionals.
Today's challenge was the featured stamper challenge.
This card was my inspiration from Olga's gallery that I used to make my own card. You need to change some things on your card so it's similar. 
I changed the orientation and colors of the card. I layered the rectangles and used a different stamp set.
Tina Zinck inspired the colors.
The idea with this type of card is to layer the white paper into 3 layers and stamp on it. Then separate those layers and add your base color, which is granny apple green, in my card. I'm not sure what I want to use this for, so a sentiment wasn't used.

Today was the inspiration challenge. This is my inspiration for my card.
 
I stamped with smoky slate first followed by the granny apple green. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with the blossoms die and mounted it on the smoky slate gray circle. The ribbon was added with glue dots. The sentiment was added with dimensionals. This will go to my daughter.

To anyone who is reading this, I am asking the Lord to touch your heart and give you His blessings.

Verse of the Day: Luke 6:27-28
Image result for Luke 6:27-28

Here's a song by Big Daddy Weave. Give it a listen. After the day I had, I found it comforting.

Blessings of the Day: We praised God in our church service this morning.
We spent a little time with the grand kids and Ben and Rachel.
I got to visit my mom.
I'm getting a new phone since mine is over 5 years old and in need of retirement.
I got to talk to my twin tonight!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...