Friday, March 22, 2019

Making Cards Again


One of the volunteer jobs I do at Splitcoaststamers is to stamp Index pages for stamp sets I get. Many ladies do this so that there is an index page for people to look at. Some people want to see what's in a set, or if they've got a stamp that's lost, they can look at an index and find out which one is missing.
The first one is called, His Grace. I can't wait to make some Easter cards with this.

 The second set is called, More Than Words. This is a photopolymer set with lots of phrases and words in different fonts. I especially like, because adulting is hard.

This is one of the favorite sets for Sale-a-Bration this year.  It has designer series paper and coordinating framelits.


This is a double challenge of F4A474 where we were to list our favorite color combinations. Mix32 was to use tulips, daffodils or pansies. My favorite color combination is pink and yellow. I used tulips for the mix32 challenge. I stamped then colored the image. Then I watercolored ground under the boots and added some mud to the boots. Then I added diamond glaze to the flowers. Happy Spring!

The next card is for the inspiration challenge.  Here is my inspiration from Liz's gallery.
 

I immediately thought of the Top Note Die. I cut one from white paper then stenciled ink onto the card then added the stencil. I sprayed water on it then dried it with my heat tool. I stamped with the crackled paint stamp, then added the leaves from the Painted Seasons set. Water was added between each layer. I stamped the sentiment then added the string. The background had gray ink added direct to paper once the dry embossing was done.
This will go to someone at South Carolina Juvenile Justice System for passing their GED!

This is one of the cards we made in my class this month.  It's a Get Well card. I know if I were sick and got this it would distract me for a while, as I played with the critter and made him spin back and forth.  I used the word window punch to make the track. The image is from Postcard Pals. I'm going to make a few of these for my grands.

This is another card we made in class. The butterfly wings fold up as you open the card and the butterfly pops through and is inside the card. The ladies really liked this card.

 This is the box we made for Spring. It uses the cutest stamp set called, Fable Friends. This bunny is just darling. This set is easily used for baby cards as well as Spring and Easter. I'm going to experiment with other occasions too.


Verse of the Day: Colossians 3:2
Image result for Colossians 3:2

One of the types of music I enjoy listening to is Jazz. This is an old song called, Out of a Dream by Najee. Give it a listen.


Blessing of the Day: I got some things done around here, like vacuuming, laundry and dishwasher. I also watched a few college games with Tim. We watched Duke win and also Liberty University, which is the college Ben goes to.  Fun stuff. We usually fill in the brackets and the winner buys ice cream for all. I guess Ben was too busy to get that scheduled. That's okay with me because I won the last 2 years and had to buy for everyone. So who is the real winner here, huh? LOL

Image result for duke images basketball
DUKE WINS!!! Final score of 85-62!!
RJ Barrett: 26 pts & 14 rebs
Zion Williamson: 25 pts


Liberty Flames guard Caleb Homesley (1) dunks the ball against the Mississippi State Bulldogs.
The Liberty Flames beat the fifth-seeded Mississippi State Bulldogs 80-76 on Friday night with the school’s first victory in the NCAA tournament, continuing a string of first-round upsets in San Jose.

Seems like there have been some amazing upsets so far in these college games.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....