Monday, April 1, 2019

April 1st 2019-No Foolin'

Happy April 1st.  April Fools Day was a hated day with most teachers when I worked. You had kids all day pranking you. At the primary level the pranks weren't too original but we acted surprised like it was an original idea.
                                 
Jake Baurs, the new left outfielder, put the bat on the ball to help the Indians win their Home Opener, 5 to 3.
On opening day we've had a tradition, since the kids were little, to have a baseball dinner. Tonight, Tim and I had beef hotdogs, and nachos as we watched the game.  It's fun to have traditions you celebrate whether the kids are still there or not.
Cleveland Indians Jake Bauers (10) scores the tying run against the Chicago White Sox in the bottom of the 8th inning, on a bases loaded walk , Monday, April 1, 2019. Teammate Leonys Martin joins in the middle. (Marvin Fong / The Plain Dealer)

It's Monday again and we had cold temperatures, snow on the ground from the weekend, and lots of sunshine. I love any sunshine we can get. Living in Cleveland, Ohio we don't get a lot of sunshine.

This is for two challenges today. The first is the Technique Lovers challenge where we were to stamp with an acrylic block. Clean and Simple's challenge was to make a funny card for April Fools Day.
I added ink to my largest acrylic block and spritzed it with water. I put my water color paper on top then dried it with my heat tool. I dry embossed the background. I colored Flo with Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment,( I know it's Art Impressions, but I don't know the name of it.) and added it with dimensionals to the front of the card.

Here's the inspiration for my box. 
I stamped the bunny, cut it out with dies, added a scallop die behind it. I added a Spring sentiment instead of Easter. I used a different color ribbon. I used some green on my bunny and with the designer series paper. I followed the directions by Angie found here.

 


Here is the inspiration for my card.  I liked the pelican on her shirt.

I stamped, colored and cut out the pelican. I layered the wood designer series paper and balmy blue papers and punched the track for the pelican to spin on. I put two mini dimensionals between the pennies. I put a large dimensional on top of the two pennies and added the pelican. I added the pelican to the track. I added foam adhesive strips to the back of the pelican pieces and added that to the pacific point card base. Not sure what saying to use yet. Maybe get well? I know I'd feel better playing with this if I were sick! LOL
Over the weekend I worked on lots of cards for South Caroling Juvenile Justice System. They need lots of cards for kids that are living there, teachers and volunteer staff. I've been making cards in batches of 10 or 12 to make it easier. I've been trying to use my designer series paper also. The Stampin' Up new catalog will be out in June and I want to be able to justify buying new paper.



A friend posted this on FB today. It was what I really needed to see today. Thanking God for friends who encourage even when they don't know it! 


 Another friend posted this on FB and I laughed out loud. It's so true for this area.


Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 12:13
I'm so glad to be part of the family of God.
Image result for 1 Corinthians 12:12-13

Blessing of the Day: I got lots of cleaning done, and some cards. Tim and I watched the Cleveland Indians Opener from the warmth of our living room.  At game time, it was 37 degrees with a slight wind.  I'll take my warm house any day!

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....