Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook for April 7, 2019


The Simple Woman's Daybook for April 7, 2019
For Today, April 7, 2019

This is where it all began.



The Simple Woman’s Daybook

FOR TODAY-April 7, 2019


Outside My Window...It's been a beautiful, Spring, day. Our high was 74 degrees. We sat on the screened in porch today after church. I had lunch there as well.

In the Garden...plants are blooming and things are getting green.
I have beautiful hyacinths that need to be moved after this year. They are beginning to crowd each other. They smell so pretty when the breeze blows and brings their scent into the screened-in porch.

These are mini daffodils. Aren't they cute? I had several pots of mini daffodils given to me in past years. I had Tim put them in the ground and here they are to brighten my days. God is amazing with all He gives us to appreciate with our senses.  We stop to smell the flowers in this house!



I am thinking...we got to spend time with Ben, Rachel and the girls.  Kaelynn and I made a card for her mom and dad. It was a spinner card with a panda. I was so excited with her reaction that I forgot to take a picture! LOL
Zoey took a nap. When she got up Kaelynn was at play practice. I got to spend time with Zoey and had fun. She helped me put up a flag in the garden. She was amazed at how it moved in the wind. Three years old is a precious time of learning and exploring this world.
We got to talk to Ben and Rachel and catch up a little.

I am thankful for...my relationship with my kids. I went to Malley's Candy and Ice Cream shop with Sarah, around the corner from where she lives. This is a Cleveland only, franchise started in the mid thirties in Lakewood, Ohio. It's colors are pink and green.
The North Olmsted store was the third store built. Mr. Malley put a slow-moving carousel in the center of the store. Quite often it is reserved for birthday parties.
Image result for malley's north olmsted ohio

They have any type of ice cream treat you could want. I ordered a hot fudge sundae with raspberry sauce and peanuts.  Yum, the taste of the raspberry and chocolate was just amazing!
Image result for malley's north olmsted ohio

They have booths and tables all through the store. These places are huge, so you don't feel crammed into a small space. We sat in a booth and enjoyed our hot fudge sundaes.
Sarah bought some candy I waited. I didn't want her to know what I was getting for her and siblings. We have a Malley's store near us, however, it's not an ice cream shoppe.
Image result for malley's north olmsted ohio
After our tasty treat, we went to a craft/vendor show at a church down the street.

From the kitchen...all is quiet. Chicken quesadillas were on the menu. I love the crispiness of these. We cut them with the pizza cutter and enjoy them much cheaper than we can get them at a restaurant. We have small bowls of sour cream to dip pieces into.
I am wearing...long sleeves, jeans and tennis shoes. Short sleeves are coming soon.


I am creating...cards for my class tomorrow. I have 6 ladies coming. I can't wait to see if they like what we make. 4 of these ladies have been coming for a year and a half. 2 ladies will be new tomorrow.

I am going...to continue to work on cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice system. Then I can work on fun ones for me.

I am reading...the same Amish novel, The Protector. I have been so busy making cards for SCJJS that I've neglected my reading.

I am hoping...I can work on some more fun cards with the new stamp set I got from Gerda Steiner called, Chicken Scratch. Here are a few cards I made with them.
This is the front of a slider card. I made this for a Christian of Faith challenge on SCS. We were to make a card that had movement or a flap.
This is the card pulled out. I love how happy the pig is and how funny the hen looks with the pig practically sitting in her lap!


 Here's a second card I made. I made the perch look as though it's bent because of the pig. The pig is clueless just happy she's next to her friend.  Inside the greeting is, "Just chicken in my friend."
I showed my 7-year old granddaughter this and she said, "I think you should write "Hay" on the front like the hay in the barn!  She pretty smart. We both laughed at how great her idea was.  I already had this put together so I told her I'd try it on another card.  She's priceless.

I am hearing...my Christian Music, with lots of different Christian artists singing.


One of my favorite things..is a cup of hot coffee on the back screened in porch. I'm hoping tomorrow is warm enough to do this.

A Grandmother's Worry: Yesterday Ben brought the 3 year old here for a nap. She came down from her nap with this stuffed animal. She ran to me and put the animal on my desk and hugged. She was off and I was with her. We both forgot about her animal.

This morning I put the animal in an outside pocket of my purse. It was cute to see it peek out.  When I got into church, the animal wasn't there! OH NO!  Everyone reassured me it was in the car. It wasn't, I was so upset because I'd heard she cried when she didn't have her little animal.  I left church early not feeling well but didn't see the animal anywhere. I texted my daughter-in-law to ask at church maybe someone found it and brought it in.
Someone HAD found it in the parking lot and brought it in. Zoey was reunited with her precious Tiggy stuffed animal. When I saw her today I was so happy and excited. This little 3-year old with big, blue eyes told me now she wouldn't have to cry going to sleep because she didn't have her tiger.
All is right with the world. This grandma had a headache all day. It's amazing how little the headache bothered me when my grand kids were here.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:Tomorrow I have 6 ladies coming for class. Tuesday Tim and I will run errands ending with lunch after the working folks go back to work. We'll be moving furniture from the small bedroom into the newly finished mauve room. That way Tim can begin working on the flooring in there. He'll take up all the carpet, lay down the padding, then the flooring.  This room won't need to be painted so it will go faster.  Tim is so talented, it amazes me all he's done to update our home. So thankful for him.

Here's a picture I have to share:Stampers or Scrapbookers will understand. This is all that's left of my 10 yards of lemon-lime twist mini ruffle ribbon! I celebrate when I finish a roll of ribbon. It verifies that I'm not just a collector of craft stuff!

Verse of the Day:1 Peter 3:15
Related image
Check out this song: This is called, Fight on, Fighter by King and Country. It's a great song to remember when facing adversity.

Blessing of the Day: I got to stamp with my 7 year old granddaughter. I got to play with my 3 year old granddaughter. She was very chatty today. I love listening to her play with her animals and dolls. She put her toys under a blanket and on a pillow and kissed each one before they went to sleep. Sweet memories this will be for me.

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...