Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Cards and Chores


I have been playing with the new, Good Morning Magnolia stamp and die set. I used Copic Markers to color this. When I looked at photos of real magnolias I saw that the edges are white or colorless. I'm working on how to do that.

When I was coloring the leaves I was reminded of grade school and coloring as a kid. Did anyone else outline their image first, then color it?  That's what I did with the leaves....fun memories.
I remember while volunteering first graders did that too. :)

  Our challenge was to dry emboss then add versamark and embossing powder to our creation. I used watercolor paper and dry embossed with the country floral embossing folder. Then I added silver embossing powder that had glitter in it. Then I added three different colors of blue and spritzed it with water. I added the navy ribbon and a sentiment given to me.


Our color challenge was to use poppy parade, mango melody and call me clover. I heat embossed the flower then added lots of water the the petals. Then I added water to ink on blocks and dropped color onto the flower where it spread out. I dried it with a heat tool, then did the leaves. The sentiment was one I had in my stash, so I don't know who made it. I dry embossed the background then put the card together.

Today after getting groceries, I shopped for outside toys for the girls. Do you remember jump ropes, bubbles a big ball and sidewalk chalk?  I was going down memory lane picking out things. I'm enjoying this foster grandma thing.

I talked to a dear friend and she became a great-grandma at 73. She had her first child at 20 and her first child had kids early too. It's so hard for me to believe her daughter will be 53 in December. I remember when she was a kid living at home...feeling old myself!

We saw Ben and his 3 year old tonight. They stop about 6 after they drop the 7 year old off at play practice. They had dinner with us.  Ben was tired, he worked a double shift yesterday, then days today. When he got home his wife left for work. the life of the twenty-something with foster kids.

Ben's helping out at work by doing more shifts than usual because they had a person leave due to graduation. She was needed in her new position as a social worker on their floor right away. Seems they lost a social worker also. Anyway, Ben's trying to help fill gaps. The paycheck may look good, but he'll be exhausted.

I had the 3 year old help me sort the silverware from the dishwasher. We got her step stool and she pulled silverware from the basket of the dishwasher and put them away.  Then I had her put the dirty silverware in the holder and help me put it back into the dishwasher.


 Then I had her throw wet clothes into the dryer and turn on the dryer.  After, she helped throw clothes from the dryer onto the counter to be folded. Then she proceeded to match socks and throw them individually into the laundry basket. She did the same with all the clothes on the counter!
Image result for toddler helping with laundry
What fun to see her so excited to put her head in the dryer and talk. We laughed and I told her that was okay, but she couldn't climb inside. 
 She put the straps of the laundry basket on her shoulders and pretended it was a purse and brought it to the steps to the second floor.
Image result for mesh laundry basket
She made doing laundry fun tonight. When was the last time YOU had fun doing laundry?

Tim and I watched The Milwaukee Bucks tonight. Oh my, it was so hard to watch. Well they are tie 2 games to 2.  I hope they can get it together before their next game. I keep yelling to the coach what he should do, and he just doesn't listen! LOL 

Verse of the Day: Psalm 62:5























The Newsboys have a great new album out with this song on it called, Never Setting Sun. Give it a listen.


Blessing of the Day: I got to see Ben and his 3 year old. Tim and I got time together today too.  Tim got lots done upstairs and the front and back yards mowed as well. That new lawnmower is really making a difference! Thank you God.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

Bensarmom

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...