Sunday, May 19, 2019

Flowers, Cards, Spaghetti and Cake


The garden is really looking nice. These Gerber Daisies are showing their beauty.
                                  

It was drizzling when I got this picture, but I had to have a picture of this gorgeous lily!
I love watching the garden pop into a colorful wonderland. Poppies and Iris are soon to open.
                                    

Isn't this just the cutest bunny? This is a digital image from Sassy Cheryl's Illustrations. She has some darling critters and kids in her store.


This card was the the Free 4 All challenge this week.  Robin's challenge to us was to use washi tape on our card. I placed my washi tape diagonally. I colored with copic markers and cut out the magnolia with dies.The flower was added with dimensionals. I stamped thank you and punched it out with the scallop oval punch. It was added with dimensionals as well. 

I saw this and giggled. I thought I'd pass the giggle on to you! 
Today at church we had a spaghetti dinner to raise money for the youth group and their summer trip. I sat with Zoey and Kaelynn for lunch. A bit of  a challenge. Ever watch a 3 year old eat spaghetti.
These are not my granddaughters, but it's very close to what I dealt with today at lunch.
The 7 year old tried to perfect the slurping technique to see how quickly she could get the whole piece into her mouth.
Image result for child eating spaghetti
The three year old used a fork, her hands and her shirt to eat her meal.  Her pants caught some sauce and spaghetti as well. My son and daughter-in-law are the leaders of the youth ministry so they were busy running the event.
 I don't know about you, but I think it might have been easier if I volunteered to help run the event and one of my kids sat and helped with spaghetti! LOL
     Image result for 3 year old eating spaghetti
This was the motivation for the 3 year old to eat well. My son brought the cake to the other end of the table and showed her what the reward for eating was.  What a motivator! She really can eat quickly if she wants too.
Image result for piece of chocolate cake

Tim and I have been watching the NBA playoffs. Milwaukee had the toughest time tonight. 2 overtimes and they lost.....We don't want to see Toronto win.
We don't want to see Golden State win. We'd like to watch the championship game. However, we don't like the Raptors or the Warriors. If they play, we'll find something else to watch that night.

I stamped with a great friend yesterday. Before we ate lunch we went for a walk. Oh boy, can my friend walk! She's so in shape and I'm so out of shape.  I made it through but today have hip, knee and back pain. I guess that's the nudge I need to start walking again. Right now I feel like an old person with arthritis. When I get up everything hurts.

Today Tim and I spent some time on the back porch. Having a cup of coffee and talking is so nice out there. We're re-learning the bird calls and songs. It's so lovely and relaxing.


Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 16:14
Image result for 1 Corinthians 16:14

Here's another new song from the new recording by the Newsboys.  It's called, Fearless.
Check it out.


Blessing of the Day: I got to see Ben, Rachel and the girls. Tim and I had time on the back porch with coffee and time watching the Milwaukee basketball game.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...