Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Dad, Chicks and Cards


Today was a sunny, cool day here in Ohio.  I saw this image and had to post it. I love sunflowers!

This week my Father-in-law turned 91. He's in great shape and still drives just in his immediate area. He has a fun sense of humor and was directing the singing of Happy Birthday. LOL

The second graders at the school I volunteered at, has baby chicks! This is part of their science. It is the most exciting time of the year. All of the classes like to stop in and see how many have hatched, what color are they and how much peeping are they doing? It was such a fun time of the year.

Our color challenge was to use pool party, so saffron, blushing bride and a neutral. I used daubers to add color to the stamp.I sponged the edges and added a sentiment. I decorated with ribbon and tiny pearls. I dry embossed the pool party layer and added the image to the left, not centered.
This is a new set from the 2019-2020 Stampin' Up catalog.

I used the basic sketch of this page for my card. I couldn't all all the elements as I didn't has as much room. 
I stamped, cut and colored the magnolia. Love the new dies and how easily they line up to cut the image!
I cut dsp for the main panel then cut two other panels for behind the image. The image had clear wink of stella in the center and the inner petals. The image was colored with Copic Markers.


Here is the inspiration for my card.  I stamped on vanilla cardstock and love blossoms designer series paper. I colored with copic markers, fussy cut the cup and added that and the steam to the image panel.  I stamped the black paper with while ink and heat set it. I dry embossed the card base and put the card together. I used dimensionals for the black layer.

This is the gift card and gift bag we made in class this month. This stamp set is retiring and I wanted to showcase those stamps.

This is another card for my class. I made two masculine cards using Lovely As A Tree. We stamped both panels using the Stamparatus, then punched a hole in the brown layer so it would look like the sun or moon.

For this card, we used reverse masking to color the blue. The two trees on the left were stamped off once to make them look farther away. We stamped the tree in the foreground then sponged ground for it.

This is the 3rd card we made in class. It's a fun, top-closing card. The message inside is centered so it can't be seen when the card is closed.

Tonight my 3 year old granddaughter came over with Ben.  She seriously asked me, "Grandma, can you make some snow on the ground so I can play in it?" This is not my granddaughter in the picture, but this is what I pictured.
Image result for little girl in snow


Verse of the Day:Ecclesiastes 5:15- Store up your treasures in heaven not here on earth.
Image result for Ecclesiastes 5:15

Here's a new song from Newsboys called, Greatness of our God. 

Blessing of the Day: We got to see Ben and Zoey. Tim got more of the bedroom worked on. I got lots of errands done including grocery shopping.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...