Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day 2019


This is my favorite patriotic song to share. It brings me to tears most times I hear it. To imagine losing someone who was defending our country is the worst thing ever. So many families have dealt with and are dealing with this terrible thing. Today we honor those who served and gave their all.

This is an amazing video which shows how veterans continue to give back. You might need a tissue.

This is what today is all about; the ultimate sacrifice.

This is the inspiration for my card. She did a floating frame technique card. I did a faux floating frame card. LOL  I didn't use cut outs of flowers to make my card.

I changed the stamp set and the colors. I kept the orientation the same. I didn't do the floating frame technique.
I stamped my whole piece of cardstock then cut out a rectangle. I added white to the center and stamped my sentiment. I added foam tape to the back of the image panel to make it look like it's floating. I fussy cut the smaller flower and added that to a corner with leaves and dimensionals.
In the video Joanne linked to, Jennifer uses the small rectangle to make another card. So after layering the image onto early espresso paper, I added it to my dry embossed card base.The image panel is popped up with foam tape. I cut another flower and added it to this card.

Here is my inspiration:Fragile Petals Framed Art Print wall decor display

I took my colors from the colors in the flower. I used Rococo Rose for the pink flowers smoky slate for the leaves and balmy blue for the flowers and sentiment.
I cut out the sentiment with the stitched dies oval. Then I put dimensionals under it. I added rococo rose scalloped linen ribbon and pink gems to highlight the ribbon.


Our sweet Chloe is finding lots of new places to sleep these days. Here she is sleeping on her blanket on the end table. Then she leaned down to sleep on the arm of the couch.

Last night as I watched the Milwaukee Bucks game, I found Chloe on top of my yarn bag. She got herself comfortable and woke when I talked to her to take her picture. We never know where we will find her.

Verse of the Day: Psalm 119:10-11
Image result for Psalm 119:10

Here's another new song from The Newsboys new album called, Symphony. Give it a listen.


Blessing of the Day: Today I got to feed the two little girls. The 3 year old went for a nap and the 7 year old and I made heated plastic images together.  I picked these up at Pat Catan's since they were on clearance. Both Tim and I had fond memories of doing this with Ben and Sarah.
I saw online that they have new ones that you put together then spray with water. Go figure!

Perler Beads Assorted Small and Large Pegboards for Kid's Crafts, 6 pcs  1000 Multi-Mix Perler Beads

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...