Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Samples, Cards, Ant Bites, Echoes


Well, I've been busy, busy, busy. Stampin' Up's new annual catalog went live today.  I got my order in and also a friend's order. The process went very well. Other years we've had very long wait time to have each item get processed on your order.  Today's ordering went off without a hitch.

I know it will take longer than usual for my order to arrive, since everyone is ordering on the same day from this catalog.
I have a class next Monday in which I'll use a couple of stamp sets that I pre-ordered.  These are not them.

This is a new set called, Butterfly Wishes. This is each of the stamps in the set. I help out at Splitcoaststampers and make Index cards for stamp sets I have. There are many of us who do this. There is a list online of the sets they need indexes for. You sign up for the ones you can do then upload them.
A very dedicated lady uploads them with information to the index spot in the galleries for SU stamp sets.  This is a great place to go for samples of cards.  This was around long before Pinterest.

This is the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set. It come with dies as well. This makes gorgeous cards!

Here is the video which explains how I did this card.  This card was for today's color challenge. The challenge was to use night of navy, balmy blue and lemon lime twist.  I took a 'D' acrylic block and inked up half with blue and half with green. I spritzed it with water and stamped the block onto white cardstock.
Then I stamped the rest of the scene. The square is cut out and dimensionals are behind it to raise it up. You can't see if very well  in this picture.  Using the Stamparatus made this so easy to do.

This card is the inspiration for my two cards below. Nicky was the featured stamper Sunday. I took this card from her gallery and changed things to make a new design that is similar.
 

I did reverse masking with 3 different blue colors and sponging. Then I stamped the images.

I changed the colors, the stamp set and the direction of the card. I placed the masks on the paper then sponged in different colors of blue. I stamped using the Stamparatus to enable me to make images dark enough to be stamped easily a few times. I removed the masks and stamped the butterflies and bees. I didn't color the butterflies because I didn't want to distract from the plants.

I am working on the cards and project I want to do for my class, Monday. I've enjoyed being with these women. The group is slowly growing to the point where I might have to have two mornings instead of 1. 

Today Tim and I were weeding the garden in the back of the house. We had a great day for it. Temps were 74 degrees with a breeze and sun.  All went well until I went into the enclosed garden to weed and check on the plants in there.
Tim made this with a door that lifts off so we can pick fruit or veggies and weed.
 The photo is from several years ago where we had very little in the garden. This year we have lots of strawberries and tomatoes growing.

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

As I took the door off the garden,  I saw a small mound of ants and told Tim, nonchalantly about it.
I started to weed  the area then started to feel little bites all over. 
Image result for lawn ant mound

I looked down and had lots of little ants on my shoes, pants, shirt, and socks. Oh my could they pinch! I got out of there but it took a while to get all of the ants off of me. Tim ended up with them on his shoes trying to help me.  
Tim put some insecticide down to kill the ants.  I told him there were natural ways to do this, however he was doing it and using his method.
I continue to itch and scratch, just thinking about the experience today.

Image result for lawn ant




Verse of the Day: Philippians 4:4
Image result for philippians 4:4

I've been listening to Air1 radio on my computer. It's been a great mixture of praise and worship music. This song is one that I heard. I really related to this song. Often I believe Satan's lies and feel less of a person. By listening to this song I was reminded that God loves me and is with me always.
He made me in His image, I wasn't a mistake and He loves me more than anyone else in this world. He knows my name and has told me I am important!

We all are important. God made us to praise Him. He has a path for each of us to take. Did you know that only YOU can do the things God needs you to do?  Did you know that He uses you to be the answer to someone's prayer?  Powerful stuff isn't it?
Listen to this song called, Echo with Tauren Wells singing.


Blessing of the Day: Today Tim and I worked together to weed the front and back yards. Tim trimmed bushes and I cleaned up. When we were finished, we looked like two old people moaning when we sat down and got up! LOL

It was fun to work together on this. It got done quicker.
My reward was to go to The Pinecone for ice cream.
Image result for the pinecone north royalton ohio  Image result for the pinecone north royalton ohio

Image result for the pinecone north royalton ohio

I usually get chocolate chunk and mint chocolate chip. Today I got raspberry chip cheesecake and mint chocolate chip.  Tim made fun of me for changing my order. I usually order the same thing each time we go.  He says I don't like change. I told him I know what I like. why should I experiment with something that I might not like as much as my usual?! LOL

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...