Friday, October 18, 2019

Stamping With Friends

This week I held 3 classes as I do each month. After classes are over, I get to 'fun' stamp. That's what I call being able to use any stamps and make whatever kind of cards I want.  One of my friends who came to class let me borrow her Gerda Steiner, Fall Leaves stamps. These squirrels are so darn cute aren't they?
I stamped a few of each kind, then colored them and cut them out with the dies.  I went through things I had and added them to make a scene.
When I saw the window, I knew I wanted one squirrel inside and one outside. I used my wood embossing folder then did direct to paper with my soft suede ink pad. I love the color this gives. It makes it look weathered.

I had a template of the three squares so I marked them on another piece of paper, then used my paper cutter to cut out the squares. I knew I wanted leaves behind the windows so I dry embossed leaves on the white paper.  These cuties looked like they were having so much fun, that I had to add my SU stamp about getting together to giggle

Our challenge was to cut words out from different stamp sets to form a message like a ransom note. I stamped my images, colored them with Copic Markers and used dies to cut them out. I used a sponge to apply ink to the sky. I used a brush with water to make lines for grass. I drew a horizon line with my ink pad.I hung my little squirrel upside-down in the tree with his kite. Then I added the words. I cut the designer paper using my perfect layers tool, so it would look like another tag.
I dry embossed the eggplant paper then added my layers to my card base.
This was a card that I made with the Winter Woods stamp set from the annual catalog. I experimented with adding the new Ice Stampin' Glitter.
I stamped the crumb cake trees stamped off once. Then I stamped the shaded spruce trees. I added the glitter by using heat and stick powder. Next I tore a piece of shimmery white paper to make the ground look like blown snow. I added that panel to the dsp layer then to the card base. I stamped the sentiment with the Sweet-N-Sassy stamps I got as a winner in DTGD challenges. Thanks Korin!

Verse of the Day:
Image result for 2 Chronicles 7:14

This is a new to me song by Dan Bremnes called, Up Again.  It's a great song if you are having a tough time. It will remind you to get up and continue on, cuz God's in control.


Blessing of the Day: We got to see Ben, Rachel and the girls today. They stopped for a bit, then had to head home. We will see them Saturday for a family dinner and camp fire.

I got to talk to my twin sister, which is always a blessings.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...