Saturday, July 9, 2011

Been Busy and a Cool God Story

I've been busy getting ready for card ministry which was last night. I had plenty of time to get 6 sets of cards ready.  That's 6 sets of 20 cards.  I arrive at church and there are several ladies there and the door is locked.  So we have to find the new custodian.  He told us it was locked to keep the teenagers out....hmmmm the room next door was wide open!
  So, I'm late getting set up.  By the time I get set up, I begin to discover that some of my stamps for projects aren't in my plastic envelopes.  Not just 1 or 2 or 3 but 4 stamps were missing!  I had to decide if I was going to drive home-10 minutes and drive back 10 minutes which would probably be close to a half-hour in all...........If I don't go home, we are limited in what we can do on several cards and I'll have to do them myself Saturday.  If I go home, we can do the cards, and I'll be a little embarrased but oh well......So I decided to go home.  I get home and Sarah's ride for a sleepover is in the driveway taking their time.  Seems the mother daughter team in the car were talking.  Then the girl went to the front door, rang the bell, have to wait for Sarah.  Sarah answers and they do girl talk.  Sarah closes the door and sees me so she comes down to the van.  I told her I needed to get into the house quickly so she needed to leave quickly.
  I got into the house and got the stamps.  I left my cell phone in the house.  When I got back out to the van I found that I had 4 calls from Card Ministry.  They wanted me to bring 2 more things.
When I got back to the church I was teased by the ladies and one twenty-something girl kept teasing way beyond being funny and I tried to be patient.
   When shown how to sponge around an image lightly, a woman continued to sponge how she wanted to. Another woman was shown how to stamp first then use the punch to punch out the sentiment.  She insisted doing it her way so we had sentiments not centered............The twenty-something girl's mom came over to help her with the card she was working on and she told her mom, she didn't need help, she liked working alone.  I told this girl that no one did a card on their own, this was a team effort and we all helped each other.  I went to check on another group and saw that the girl still didn't let her mom help.  I came back to the table and began to take some of the things that needed to be done for her card and put them on her mom's table without saying anything.
    I've never had such a stressful evening for card ministry.  It will be 4 years in August that I've been doing this.
   I ended our stamping session by praying for all of the ladies who had shown up and for those that God had already chosen to receive the cards that we had just made.
   Once I got home I got a thought that these cards will make a huge impact on those who will receive them.  Satan had spent the evening trying to defeat me, but with God's help, those people will see God's light shining in those cards we made.  He had a greater purpose and allowed me to get through the detours that Satan set up.
  I praise God for all of His help last night.
    Today Jane and I stamped.  I'll show you some cards I made.
This was my card for the Free For All challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  You had to make a card which showed something you like about summer.  I love to swim.
This card is one for the Featured Stamper on SCS.  I chose a pretty butterfly that Patter made and changed some things.  I put versamark on my designer paper, then embossing powder and heat embossed it.  Then I cut the butterfly out with the cuttlebug and I had this sparkly butterfly. I put it on dimensionals and then added an embossed background with butterflies.
This cutie is a Whimsy Stamp drawn by Crissy Armstrong. Crissy has a design team call on her website.  Check it out by clicking on her logo on the right side of my blog.  I just love Crissy's images. Just today I put a few of them on my wishlist at Whimsy Stamps!  I've even started to rate other stamp's cuteness by comparing them to Crissy's!  I made this card for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS. I embossed the background and the ribbon using Tim Holtz's embossing folder.

Well, it's time for sleep.  A busy day tomorrow. Thank you God for bringing me through another day doing your work.
Blessings,

5 comments:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

I don't remember if I told you or not. The way I discovered your blog was because I was looking for information on card ministries. Bless all of you who worked on those cards and those who will receive them!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Sweet entry into my DT call, Sue! Thanks so much for entering and for the compliments on my images!!! I remember you from SCS!!
Hugs!

Michele Spera said...

What a fabulous job!!,thank you for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
Michele

Digi Darla said...

Very lovely card! Best of luch to you on the DT call!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, fabulous colours too thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy this time big hugs love pops x

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...