Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Monday-Brown's Coming With my SU Order!

Here's a new Steven Curtis Chapman song that will be out in stores Aug. 9th. Take a listen, then do everything for the glory of God.


I had goodies delivered today from Stampin' Up.  Now usually Brown comes at 10:30 a.m.  Do you think he'd come that early on a day I'm waiting for new toys?  NOOOOOOO  
He showed up at 12:30 p.m.  I had to leave a 1 to take kids to ortho appt.  Now that's just not fair is it?  I got to open the box and look at everything in there, then had to leave it alone!  I took my clear stamp sets and put them together while I waited for them and an on the way home. 

 Today's technique challenge on SCS was reversed masking. I followed Beate's video tutorial and got this:
Wow, I haven't done this technique in quite a while. Thanks Holly for bringing it back.


I used the Lacy Ovals Nestabilities for my frame and followed Beate's video tutorial. I stamped in memento tuxedo black ink then colored the sunflowers and leaves with copic markers. The sunflower stamp is from Embossing Arts 1993. It was donated to me. I used Cornish Heritage Farms background stamp called Vintage Sunflower. I love how this came out. Not sure if I would do the tea distress ink around the lacy oval next time.

Here are a few more cards that I worked on.
This is a freebie digi image from Meljens Designs. I thought it was the cutest mouse. Wonder who the flower will go to. The mouse was colored with copic markers then punched out with lacy ovals nesties. I embossed the pink layer, then added ribbon to match the dots on the embossed layer. The image is on dimensionals.
This is a digital image by Heather Ellis. I colored her with copic markers then sponged bashful blue around the image and sentiment. I cut this out using lacy ovals nestabilities. I used bashful blue as my background and use and embossing folder.






No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...