Saturday, January 25, 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook January 25, 2020

For Today, Saturday, January 25, 2020
Looking out my window, it is now dark outside. It was a cold, sunny day today. We needed that here in Cleveland, Ohio. There are many cloudy days during January and February. It makes for more people who are out of sorts. We need sunshine to feel perked up and energized.

I am thinking that a lot of my single friends seem to communicate less in the winter months. Many from December through February will pull away and hibernate so to speak.  I don't hear from them and they don't want to go out to do things.

I am thankful that things are moving along in the guest bathroom. Tim has the wiring done and new lights put in with wiring for a new box at the light switch. He works so hard on these projects.

One of my favorite things is doing puzzles with Tim. Here's one which is 1,000 pieces that we finished in 3 days. It's all sorts of foods that were eaten in the 50's and 60's.


I am creating another scarf and a scrap afghan. I am crocheting left over yarn together into a colorful afghan.  It will be donated to Laura's Home which is a facility run by The City Mission, which helps abused women and their children with safe housing. They help them get skills to apply for jobs and help them find work and eventually their own place.


I am wearing a long-sleeved turtle neck shirt with blue jeans. I have soft, fluffy socks on that the grands gave me. I'm wearing my tennis shoes too.

I am reading, The Nantucket Inn, by Pamela M. Kelley.

I am hoping to see the grands sometime soon.

I am learning that it takes so much effort to do things sometimes. I know I have to do them, but it's difficult to take that first step. Learning to trust God more and more.

In my kitchen all is quiet. Chili was on last night's menu. I love left-over chili!

In the school room  I am in a Bible study called, Trustworthy by Lysa Terekeurst. Getting ready to dig into the first day of study.

In my inside garden, I've cleaned up the plants. It always makes me happy to see then like this and to know I've finished it for now and don't have it on my mind. I don't know why it takes so much effort to do this since I really love how they look.


Post Script- This is a wonderful example of God's love for us. To be able to be the mom who hears how remarkable her child's day was, is priceless! God gives us these moments when we need them the most.



A moment from my day-Here is the inspiration for my card today from Splitcoaststampers, Inspiration challenge
.
I used the stamp set called, Thoughtful Blessings. I stamped my background, then added the sentiment and ribbon. I added it all to a melon mambo card base.
I haven't made a card is over a week. It felt really good.




Closing Notes
This video by Tim Tebow says it all...We need to live a life of significance.


Thank you for stopping by and commenting.
Blessings,
Bensarmom
______________________________

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...