Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Upcoming Class Cards and Project


This blog post features the things we'll make in my classes next week. The first item, is the heart tins with lids. I decorated it with a heart doily and hearts from the heart punch pack. Then I added the sentiment with a red rhinestone. I've never used ribbon like this, but stepped out of my comfort zone to do this.
Check it out, here's my Tulip card. I love the colors of petal pink and olive.  If you look closely behind the olive layer, you'll see vellum that's been embossed with the lace embossing folder from Stampin' Up.  Check out the envelope flap.  Isn't it gorgeous?


This card is to demonstrate how easy water-coloring is when you heat emboss first. The images were stamped with versamark on shimmery white paper. Then they were heat embossed with white embossing powder. Next I took  flirty flamingo ink to color near the center of the flower. I used petal pink from the middle to the tips of the lily pad.  The leaves and lily pad were colored with olive ink.  I love the petal pink metallic edges ribbon we have now. It adds such a, wow to the card.
This card is one copied from Dawn Olchefske. It is another type of water coloring.  It is called a water color wash.  I wanted to show my customers how easy it is to do for an image or a background.
The little meerkats are so cute!  Dawn created a Polaroid panel so the image looks like a Polaroid picture.  You can't see it much with the banners, but it would look cute without the banners. You could put your sentiment at the bottom of the picture.
Check this out. If you want a smaller dimensional than you have, you can use a paper punch! Isn't that a cool idea? It seems so obvious when you see it, but you never figured it out yourself. That's what I like about sharing ideas with other demonstrators online.  If you've seen the black dimensionals, then you'll know that they have a large area around the edges that are without dimensionals there. Using a hole punch for these would be a great way to use that.
Here's another scarf that I crocheted. These are a quick, easy project to do while watching a sporting event on TV.  I used two different colors of yarn then edged in blue. Lastly, I added the fringe.
I really liked this scarf. It too will be donated to Laura's Home. I like the three colors with white.
This brought me back to when we were signing Ben up for a Christian Kindergarten. The verse was used early in the year to encourage kids and parents to see the importance of learning verses that would be recalled later in life.  
Image result for Psalm 119:9"
This is a new song by Mandisa. It is called, Way Maker. She of course is talking about God being our Way Maker.  Have you ever sat down and thought about what your life would be like without a relationship with God?  Think about that.  
What hit me when I saw the half-time show of the Super Bowl, was that many people who saw it, didn't think twice about the dances, costumes or poles used. It showed me once again how different a person with a relationship with Jesus, really is different from the world. We are not home yet. We are just visiting here. We should be uncomfortable with that type of entertainment is chosen for kids, teens and adults to see. What kind of message does that send?  It's so sad.

Blessing of the Day: We picked out the counter top material for the guest bathroom. Woohoo! That means the bathroom remodel is almost finished! I don't know who is more excited about this, Tim or me.

Tim and I have been working on a 1,000 piece puzzle. It's a fun time until I get a headache from concentrating so hard.

The guy from the counter store came today to measure things and get the pattern for the sink so it fits perfectly into the counter top. The counter top will be installed, Thursday.

Thanks for visiting.
Blessings,
Bensarmom


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...