Wednesday, June 30, 2021

The End of June, Really?

 Where does the time go? It's been over a week since I've posted. 

This is the inspiration I chose for today's Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers.


I just loved this scene she created with the leaves and the dog's back to us.
I stenciled different colored leaves onto white cardstock. Then I colored and cut out the images. I stamped the sentiment then cut it out with dies. I added dimensionals to the back of all the pieces and made the scene. Lastly I added the linen thread to the kite.
The stamp set I used is  from Gerda Steiner and it's called Happy Fall.
Here is a group of cards that were made using an embossing folder. The embossed areas were sponged with daubers to highlight the flowers.  I love how these turned out. I used white cardstock, black cardstock and some shimmer cardstock.
  Here is the inspiration for my card.
 
I dry embossed on white paper. Then I used my sponge daubers to color the flowers and leaves using 4 of the colors from my inspiration. I added the image panel to the card base then added the sentiment. I added mango to the edges of the yellow flowers to make them stand out. I also used yellow wink of stella on the flower centers.

Krista Thomas has made sentiments that fit the Many Messages die. Here is a link to the birthday set I used for my card. .

Verse of the Day: Matthew 6:33
This is sometimes a misunderstood verse. Some people interpret this to mean that all you have to do is ask for something and you will get it.  God isn't some kind of genie. He doesn't act that way. We need to align our will with His.  He is our Father. Just like an earthly parent, God doesn't give us everything we ask for. As parents we know what is good for our children. God knows what's good for us as well.
He will answer with, Yes, No or Wait.  The most difficult is, wait.

The music today is a song that goes along with the Verse of the Day. Give it a listen. This is a song that was popular in Sunday School when my kids were growing up.
Seek Ye First...

Blessings of the Day:
Tim got his outside list of jobs finished. Great timing too as we're having record-breaking heat and rain. He will go back to working in the basement.
I got lots of things done for my Stampin' Up business.  I had time to just play making some cards.
Tim made dinner. We got to sit outside on the screened-in porch and listen to the rain and enjoy the coolness it brought.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...