Friday, June 18, 2021

What a Busy Week!

 This has been a very busy week for me. I held three days of card making classes at my home. I truly love teaching others stamping techniques using Stampin' Up products. Here are the cards and 3-D item we made this month.

The first card is called a bendy card. I followed a video by Gloria Plunkett or Brenda Quintana to make this card. I used the stamp set, Hey Birthday Chick, by Stampin' Up.

This card uses Butterfly Bijou designer series paper along with Calypso Coral for the card base. One thing I showed the classes was that I used white paper to cut out three dies. I cut with the dies once, then taped the dies to the paper I cut out. Now when I put them through, I didn't have to arrange them each time on the cutting plate. I was able to cut all three at the same time.



The sentiment was cut our using a square die. I showed the classes that they could cut out the sentiment to make the sentiment smaller, and to be able to show more of their designer paper.

The white images and sentiment were added with dimensionals and colored with alcohol markers.



This card showed how to use designer series paper instead of card stock for a card base. This paper was cut at 5 1/2" x 12" Then is was scored at 4" and  8".  I showed classes that you could use the pretty paper as your focus and just add a sentiment to the front. We also used a die cut for a gift card or special note holder. This is a great way to use designer series paper for cards. This is a quick, easy card to make.


 Lisa Curcio Video  was used to make this starburst card. The paper used here is Sand and Sea. This is also an easy card to make. Once you cut 4 rectangles of designer series paper, you cut each rectangle diagonally to get the shape of the sun rays.

I've added the blushing bride metallic ribbon to this. I showed how to flatten the ribbon and to add a glue dot to the back of the piece of ribbon that was twisted to get the sparkly side up. Some of the ladies commented that they had masculine paper and this would make great masculine cards as well. I've got to try that.

This is the 3D item we made. Favor Box-Lisa Curcio
I used masculine paper for this favor box by Lisa Curcio. Lisa explains that you can make this box with our without the added paper sticking out of the box.  I think it's more interesting with the piece. It would make a great treat holder or a gift card and treat holder for a guy.
I showed my classes how to make this into a masculine card when they got home if they had no use for a boxed item.  I just embossed the card base, then added the piece to the white card base. Easy peasy way to make a card, right?


I have several friends that I stamp with. This card came as a result of stamping with Jan. Jan has lots and lots of stencils and rarely uses them. So, when I went to her house, we took out some of her stencils and used them on white paper.

Next, we cut a heart out of white paper. We used the negative of that heart as a stencil and added it over the first layer of stencil to create a two-layer stenciled card. Next we added green splotches of color to add contrast to the card. Finally we added a sentiment with a new die from Stampin' Up called, Scalloped Contours Dies.

We used the blending brushes from Stampin' Up to add the color to the stencils.


This is a stinkin' cute card made with Hey Birthday Chick and its dies. This was a card my friend, Louise and I made.  We colored with alcohol markers and used the happy birthday die. We also used a muted silver paper to die cut the fence.  This was another quick and easy card to make.

This card was one of several I made using the One Sheet Wonder Technique.  I used the Timeless Tulips stamp set from Stampin' Up to make this card. I also added stamps from  Tasteful Touches to the background for fillers.

I stamped with Jan and got to borrow her Gerda Steiner stamp set called, Positivi-Tea. I made this for an Inspiration Splitcoaststampers challenge. I chose a blue tea pot as my inspiration.

I changed the colors of the teapot and cup. I stamped, colored and die cut the images and words.
I dry embossed the pink metallic paper with paw prints to go with the mouse. The images and sentiments were added with dimensionals.

Today, for the Free-For-All Challenge on Splitcoaststampers were were asked to make a card with our favorites.
One of my favorites is raspberry-chocolate coffee, which is in the cup the bear is holding. The bear is from a Gerda Steiner stamp set. Gerda Steiner is one of my favorite stamp makers. I used a stencil technique in which you color your white cardstock with a color of ink, I love Distress Oxides, then cover that with a stencil and use a darker color for contrast. The green stencil was chosen because I love plants. I have lots in my house as well as pottery mugs for my coffee!



Tonight Tim told me we were going out to get hamburgers and he was going to drive. I thought we were going to McDonalds by our house. Not so, it was a mystery trip and an adventure.  I didn't know until he turned into Culvers.

I have to tell you that I loved the idea of a surprise like that. It was so much fun to just enjoy the adventure of it and let him surprise me. It truly made my night. What a great idea for a date night.
Thanks Tim, you rocked it!


Verse of the Day: Zechariah 4:6
I can't tell you how many times I've tried to do things on my own and ended up giving it to God. If I'd just give it to God in the first place, I would have had peace earlier and not stressed myself out trying to do difficult things on my own.  Some day I'll learn....


Song of the Day: Here is a song by Danny Gokey called, Stand in Faith. I think it links well with the verse of the day. Give it a listen.

Blessings of the Day:
Today I visited with Mom at the nursing home. She was really good today. When I got there she was on her way to take a nap. She does that after breakfast.  I asked if I could sit on her bed and talk to her for a while. She sat in her wheelchair and I sat on the bed. 

She was engaged in our conversation. We reminisced about Dad and things that happened when I was a child.  Mom's long term memory is pretty good. She loves to go back and talk about times with Dad. He's been gone since 1983, which is so hard for all of us. He died when he was 57 years young.
I could see the effect of our visit when I was ready to leave. I asked if she wanted to take a nap, and mom said, "no."  She was in a happy place which made me feel great.

Tim got lots of things done outside today. Each day he whittles away at the To Do List, he keeps on his phone.  It's a good feeling to do that.

I got a nap and a wonderful dinner adventure. Thank you Lord, for all you've blessed me with.

I hope you enjoyed your time here.

Blessings,
Bensarmom 







No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....