Thursday, February 24, 2022

A Hodge Podge

I've been very busy trying to catch up on cards that needed to be made with pieces I had or cards that needed to be finished with sentiments Here are a couple of them.

I love these otters. I colored them and added them to a background that I had made with the new butterfly and flowers overlay stencils of (masks as Stampin' Up calls them.) I had them each pop out from behind the boots and added my sentiment.

This card is from Mystery Monday with TX Stampin' Sharon, found here.
I always have a good time putting these together. I like to make mine after the live, session so I can fast-forward the video to each step.

Yesterday Chloe wouldn't leave me alone, so I took some time to just sit quietly and enjoy her. She's a real person cat. She is a munchkin cat and they are bred to be around people like a dog. Most times it's wonderful, but sometimes, she sits on my desk wherever she wants and blocks the computer screen or interferes with what I'm working on.  She loves to put her head down on our hand or arm and go to sleep. She does this more in the winter than the summer. During the summer, she's out on the back porch in the sun.

Today we took Tim's Dad to the eye dr. It's bad enough when it's your own appointment and you have to wait. To have to wait for his appointment to be over was very hard to do. Sometimes I get very aggravated that they schedule people so close together that by 10:00 they are at least 25 minutes behind.

Last night Tim brought home a Meat Lovers Pizza. It was delicious, but I drank water all evening! LOL


Sweet Rachel is 35 weeks pregnant! 5 weeks until we meet our first granddaughter.  This is such a miracle! It's an amazing process. It brings back so many memories for me. My youngest is 25 and I remember being sick the whole pregnancy. 3 weeks out, I put a little sleeper in the crib to see how big that baby would be. I couldn't wait to hold him/her.
Here's my son, who is also going to be a new father soon. I took a picture of him and Chloe because she doesn't usually sit in his lap. We took it and sent it to his dad to show him it truly can happen.


I just finished two, vertical easel cards.  I decided if I was going to make a card for this challenge, I might as well make 2. Here is the video I used to make these cards.
I masked the bird stamp and stamped the images on the white paper. I colored them with Copic markers. I forgot to use colored paper for my layer under the image so I colored it with copic markers. I stamped the sentiment and used the small oval punch for the front sentiment. I stamped the greeting inside then added the flower circle to keep it open.



Verse of the Day: Romans 5:1-5

Blessings of the Day:
Dad seem to be happy today. He is not stressed about anything.
Dad had his chicken pot pie and cookies for lunch.  All is good there.
Tim's working on the kid's house.
We are all healthy.
I have my thank-you, encouragement cards and a wedding and anniversary card mailed.

Prayer request-Please pray that I get back to daily Bible Reading. 

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom










No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...