Sunday, March 6, 2022

Whew That's Done!

For weeks we've been working on Rachel and Ben's Baby Shower. Whew, yesterday was the shower. I didn't go however because they expected 40-50 people and we didn't want to increase chances of bringing home Covid 19 to Tim's Dad. I did get to see the set up for the shower early Saturday morning when I dropped off things.

I made 50 invitations, 70 thank you cards, and  items to be donated for raffles they were having.

Today the kids came over so we could  give them our gifts. Tim's dad gave them a cute elephant that heats up in the microwave. It has a lavender scent to help the baby settle down. It is weighted so it feels like the baby is being held or  someone is rubbing their back.

He's so excited to be a great-grandpa again. He has a great-grandson who is now 4 years old.

We're now 3 1/2 weeks and counting. Tomorrow is the last ultrasound. I can't wait to see how big she is now.

I'm making different sample for class this month. Then I decide which one I want for class.

  Here is the card for my inspiration:F4A628, FS787, Happy Birthday by gutsport56 at Splitcoaststampers
I used the colors of the card. I stamped a background for the first layer not the card base. I added extra layers. I added rectangles of color as the last layer before adding the sentiment.


This is a one sheet wonder that makes 4 cards. I will not be doing this for class but wanted to see what I could do with the directions.

Here is my inspiration for my card: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5770305764276237/

Here is the video from Susan Levasseur

Levasseur

https://wownolacreations.com/artisti...-sheet-wonder/


Free 4 All challenge was to use lots of green on our card. The MIX475 challenge was to create our own patterned paper.

I used one of the background masks(stencils) with three different greens, using my blender brush.

then I layered the green papers offset from each other. Next I stamped in evening evergreen the sentiment. I punched out the sentiment with my Everyday Label Punch. I water colored the flower and fussy cut the flower and leaves. I added that to the

bottom of the sentiment.



Verse of the Day: 2 Peter 3:9-10


Here's a song by Danny Gokey called, Make a Difference. Give it a listen. Do you want to make a difference in other's lives?

Blessings of the Day
Blessings of the Day:
  • We gave the kids baby shower gifts 
  • we're all healthy
  • Grandpa hasn't fallen lately
  • we've had two sunny days for the weekend


Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I'll post more often until baby girl arrives.

Blessings,

Bensarmom




No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...