Thursday, March 31, 2022

I'm A Grandma!

For Today

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Thursday, March 31, 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook started here.

My son and daugher-in-law had baby Mia March 15th. She was due March 30th, but came early! She's a munchkin weighing in at 5# 7 oz.  Within a week she's added 1 1/2 inches and a pound and an ounce. She's 6# 8 oz.

She was so small that she needed premie diapers and clothes which they didn't have. So we all ran out to find things she could wear.

Looking out my window I see the garbage truck. Seeing it took me back to my childhood where we followed the garbage truck down our dead-end street and back up to the corner with the excitement that only children can bring forth.

That reminded me of how we'd walk with the mailman down and around and back to the corner. He had a 3 wheel thing he pushed that had two huge pockets that he put the mail into. He'd push it and sometimes let one of us help to push the mail with him.



I don't know if we annoyed the guy or if he enjoyed us, but he always talked to us and let us join he on his route on our street.

Our street was full of lots of kids. We were only at home when it was time for a meal. Otherwise, we'd be out playing with our friends.

I am thinking that I worked so hard today that I will take a break tomorrow and catch up on my Stampin' Up business. My April newsletter needs to go out Friday.

I am thankful that things at the kid's house will be finished in a couple of weeks, according to my son. My husband says hopefully by Memorial Day. ugh

One of my favorite things is going to our Google Photos page to see what new pictures or videos of Mia have been uploaded.

I am creating a pastel color afghan for baby Mia.  She came two weeks early, so I'm playing catch-up with her blanket.

 I am wearing jeans, a long-sleeve shirt, cat socks and tennis shoes.


I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to a song by Matthew West called, Me On Your Mind.

I am looking forward to  holding my little sunshine, Mia. Can't get enough of her!

I am hoping to see Mia, Sunday. Just learned I won't see my sunshine Sunday...kids moved back to where they were living before Mia was born. Rachel didn't need as much help with Mia from her mom. It seems after 3 weeks, Ben and Rachel were happy to leave Rachel's parents house and go back to the house they share with Brianna.

 I am learning that I need to depend on God for my welfare and not my friends. My friends are busy, and have their own issues.  Sometimes they just aren't available to talk to.


In my kitchen my husband made meatloaf without a pan! He also made home made mashed potatoes. I've got to get his recipe!


In the school room, I keep learning new things for my Stampin' Up business.

 

In my garden, the mini daffodils are blooming.

 

The onions that were part of the farm that was here years ago, come up each year just to show their stubbornness. We can't get rid of them. We've been here 22 years and they come up each year!

The poppies are up and soon will have light and dark orange heads.

The hyacinths are beginning to bloom. I love the scent they release. It brings back many wonderful childhood memories.

I was truly blessed this week. I would like to praise God for his wonderful love and caring.

This week a lady ordered $700 worth of Stampin' Up Products. That earned me $190. I've never earned that much from a single purchase, in my career.  I found out it was a lady I knew from church who moved to Texas.  

Verse of the Day: Mark 12:30

 



A moment from my day

 I cry when I see photos like this of my son and baby Mia. He said he had to get lots of snuggle time with her as he had to go back to work. It's such a miracle to see God's creation and to share it with your child. I'm truly blessed.


Blessings of the Day: I got many things done today. I had the strength to go up and down the stairs to put things away in the attic and bathrooms.  It was 70 degrees outside so I sat outside for a while. Dad got to come out for a while also. He truly enjoys being on the porch.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Blessings,

Bensarmom

1 comment:

RitaR said...

Congratulations, Sue and family! Thank you for introducing us to sweet little Mia! Mia is so blessed to have a wonderful Christ-centered home where she will be nourished, not only with God's Word, but with the strong testimony of dedicated followers of Jesus! My heart is happy for you, Sue, and for your entire family!

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...