Thursday, February 10, 2022

Prepping For Classes and Praising God

The two images are items we will make in my classes next week.  We do 3 cards and 1 3D item.

Flowering Rain Boots is the stamp set I used to make this card. France Martin video is here to show you how to stamp then add a bit of water to the image and make it look like a watercolored image.  The Happy Birthday stamp is one of my favorites from the Special Moments stamp set.  I love the black and white gingham ribbon they've brought back.

Two-Flap Treat Box- Angie Juda video to show you how to make this box.  The stamp set is Flowering Rain Boots. The designer series paper is Pattern Party. 

Our Splitcoaststampers color challenge today was to use, balmy blue, night of navy, and just jade. I took a piece of water color paper and spritzed it with water then drew the ink across the paper. Then I spritzed it again. I started at the top with balmy blue, then navy and finally just jade. I loved the movement of the ink when it was spritzed. The navy divided and showed a light purple color. The green almost looks like grass from spritzing with water.

I stamped the lighthouse and birds in black ink. Lastly I added the sentiment. The sentiment is Designed by Krista Thomas, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

www.RegalStamping.com She has configured sentiments to fit into the Many Messages Die.


A few days ago I came upon this picture of my sweet Mom.  She was examining the afghan that we made together. She knit all of the rectangle pieces and I crocheted them together into an afghan.  If you look behind her you'll see more blocks she's knit.  I wait until her pile falls over, then I take them home and match them to other blocks I have. What a treasured project we had going.
These afghans were given to Joanne Fabric in a drive called Keep America Warm. These afghans were distributed all over Cleveland. That was a wonderful feeling to know that people in our own backyard would benefit from these.

This was part of my quiet time reading this morning.  

Oh Lord, Oh Lord, how majestic is your name in all of the earth.....Psalm 8:1

The first thing I thought of was the song Michael W. Smith wrote and Sandi Patty was the first to sing.

I thought it would be very easy to find versions that Michael W. Smith sang, but not YouTube Videos. So, I added Sandi Patty's version.  Give it a listen. If you're like me, you'll be singing the first part over and over today.


It's so sad to see how many unhappy people there are in the world. I have many single friends who go to work and come home. They don't have someone to build them up each day. If that is you, and you need some encouragement, then this is for you.
Blessings of the Day: Dad had a good day. Tim got his supplies that he ordered from Lowes or Home Depot. I was able to get my quiet time first thing with coffee. I got errands run including getting a new light bulb for my OttLite.  God continues to give us good health. Rachel is 33 weeks pregnant and doing well. She's just about at the stage where she can't put on her socks.  I love when she shares these things.
God has blessed us with so much and we are so grateful.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom






1 comment:

RitaR said...

Sue, I'm so thankful that you have the opportunity to post in your blog wants again. I especially enjoyed reading about the knitting and crocheting projects you and your Mom are working on together. The afghan is beautiful and is now being enjoyed by someone in your community.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...