Wednesday, February 9, 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Wednesday, February 9, 2022

 For Today, Wednesday, February 9, 2022

It all started here.

Looking out my window I see a fat robin sitting in our crab apple tree. He is one of many who are swooping in to eat the berries left on the tree. He also drops berries for his buddies the deer.  Many fat robins are flitting back and forth between our two trees which is providing real entertainment for the cats. I can here chattering from Chloe who has a front row seat at the window.


I am thinking that in less than 50 days I'll see my first granddaughter!

I am thankful for the good health for all of us here.

One of my favorite things is seeing sparkling snow. It's as if it is filled with diamonds. I remember this memory from my childhood too.



I am creating cards for my February Class which is next week.


I am wearing new tennis shoes, shocks, black jeans and a button-down light pink blouse.


I am reading  Invisible by Danielle Steel. 


I am hoping that I can get a lot done today.


I am learning, with an elderly parent in the house, there is always cleaning up to do.


In my kitchen the smell of chicken pot pie is in the air. There is also the sound of Dad walking back and forth to grab cookies as snacks.


In the school room I am continuing to learn new crochet stitches as I work on my afghan. It is a monthly kit with a video and yarn. I am behind with it, but determined to finish it.


In my garden the tomato box is covered with sparkly snow.

 

Shared Quote  Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; 

Psalm 84:10a

A moment from my day-It doesn't matter how old I get, I am still amazed at the wildlife God brings my way. I feel like a little kid when I see deer outside the window. Chloe and I watch them walk across the sidewalk to the crab apple trees.  What a wonder they are. 

I don't like them eating plants and bushes, but love seeing them up close.


The more I see on the news, the more I wonder how did we get here this fast? Satan has been working overtime to make living here unrecognizable from even a year ago. Who ever thought as a parent you'd have to be worried about what your kids are taught in school?  It's as though parent rights have been removed. It's downright scary! I pray for this generation's children.


Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

Bensarmom


 


No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...