Monday, September 19, 2022

A Week of Classes in the Books

 I just finished another week of classes here at my house. The ladies make 4 cards. Here's what those cards looked like.

This first card was made with Soft Seedlings.  I showed the ladies different ways to color a stamp. First we used a 1" x 1" ink cube to stamp the leaf. Next we used a dauber to apply a darker color to highlight the leaf. Lastly I showed them how to color with the side of a water based marker for the seedlings and stems.

We cut out a leaf, popped it up and added linen thread.

This card looks harder than it is. We used the cloud looking border die, to make clouds using a blender brush. We used Tahitian Tide. We then drew a horizon line with the ink pad, and colored the grass with pear pizzazz.  We added Hello to the stamped and embossed leaves, and added a baker's twine bow.


This card was made with the Cup of Tea stamp set. I cut all of the cups, tea bags and hearts out before class. Then I showed them how to line up the negative, (the paper with the hole left after die cutting.) to the image they had stamped using the Stamparatus.
We used 1/2" x 6" strips of designer series paper to decorate. The horizontal strips were only glued half-way across the card. The vertical strips, starting with the Tahitian Tide color, were woven and glued into place. Next the parakeet party strip was next. Finally the Starry Sky.  I advised ladies to use adhesive, so if they needed to move strips, it would be easier.
There were only 3 strips, but this seemed to be labor intensive for many ladies.



Potted Geraniums is the stamp set used for this card. We stamped from bottom to top here. We masked the flower pot when we were stamping the garden green stem with leaves. It is also recommended that you stamp the leaves close to the pot. I used the Merry Melody 3D embossing folder behind the flowers because this was a birthday card.

Now it's on to figure out what cards I want to work on for next month's classes.

I have a wonderful opportunity to work with ladies at an assisted living facility. Many ladies that stamp with me monthly volunteered to help me when the day came. Lots of questions for the woman in charge of activities at the facilities, but hopefully we can pull something together for October.

Thanks for stopping by,

Blessings,

Bensarmom

3 comments:

tonilea said...

I like all 3 of your cards. I want to try that teacup one today. It would be a nice Thank You card I believe. Or even a thinking of you or birthday card. Multi purpose -- right up my alley! I didn't purchase the geranium card as I had not seen any samples that I liked. Then along comes your card and makes me wish I had gotten it. I know it's not too late but my budget is shot!
Thanks for the inspiration!

tonilea said...

Oh, a couple more things, you are very clever in the way you made the clouds! Smart lady!!
The stamp set with the seedlings is super nice and I think the way you made your card is the best! I love the way you colored the leaves. I will try doing it your way. I had been trying to find a good way of getting a variation of color.

RitaR said...

Four lovely cards and such a nice variety! You and your stamping friends will be bringing lots of joy to the residents at the assisted living facility!+

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...