Monday, October 24, 2022

Life's Been so Busy!

 Do you ever feel like life is passing you by?  I blink and another month has flown past. Being retired it's hard to believe that time moves so quickly. I think about a typical day and wonder where the time goes? I must admit with the last few days being just beautiful, I've spent time on the back porch in the sun with my coffee. That's my favorite place to be when the weather is 65 or more. Of course in October, 65 is a great number, don't you think?

I spotted a Monarch Butterfly at the Butterfly Bush today. What a beautiful sight.  So thankful to be able to enjoy these types of moments so late in October.


This was a quiet and well-needed time to myself. I visited Mom today and it wasn't a very high energy day.  She looked at some pictures and a video of the baby and wanted to go back to her room for a nap. Some days are like that, ya know?  I sure know that. I wanted to go home and take a nap too.

I didn't however, I designed a card for my class, had another cup of coffee and lunch with Tim. Then Tim and I watched the Cleveland Browns. They lost by 3, which is nothing new this year. Oh well, while I watched the game, I finished another afghan to deliver to Laura's Home. We will be doing that this week. We never got a chance last year with Tim working at the other house, so I have lots to donate.

I enjoy making scarves, afghans, hats or mittens to donate. This facility takes in abused mothers and their children. They can use all sorts of things to keep kids warm.

Here is the inspiration for my card:  



I kept the card vertical but used a rectangle instead of a square. I added lemon shapes instead of circles. The colors I used were yellow and green instead of yellow and pink. I added a sentiment to my card.

I stamped the tissue box, then used a craft knife to cut a hole to put a bit of tissue through. I loved the idea of using lemons for a get well card with the tea and meds we take when we are sick. I added a sentiment with ribbon.


I saw this online today and just loved it.

Card 1
This is one of the cards we made in class this month.  It's a three-panel card, that pulls apart. It was demonstrated by Dawn Griffith.

Stamps- Nature’s Harvest  flower  AC p. 68 ,

 Go To Greetings- Thank you  AC p. 26

Paper-  white 4” x 5 ¼”

Garden green base 5 ¼” x 11”

Garden green 3 of 1 ¾” x 4”

Garden green 2  ¾” x 3 7/8”

white 2 1/2” x 3 5/8”

DSP-Gingham Cottage  3 of 1 ½” x 3 ¾”   JD p. 59

Ink-  memento, garden green

Accessories-   double oval punch AC p. 154

 dimensionals

 

Card 2

Stamps –  True Beauty-  largest flower and stem,  just because  AC p. 67

Ink-  polished pink

Mossy meadow

Balmy blue

Paper-  Awash in Beauty dsp   4” x 5 ¼”    AC p. 131

White card base 5 ½” x 8 ½” fold at 4 ¼”

Balmy blue 4” x 5 ¼” run through diamond background die AC p.166  Organic Beauty Dies

True Beauty Stamp Set AC. P. 67

True Beauty Bundle (Stamps and Dies) p.166

Accessories –  baker’s twine-bow   Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack  AC p. 146

Everyday label punch-retired

Diamond background die-Organic Beauty Dies  AC p. 16695

Silicone Craft Sheet- AC p.127



Card 3

 Stamps-   Jar of Flowers- Roses grouping, jar, stems  AC p. 95

Ink -  memento tuxedo black ink

Paper-  daffodil card base 5 ½” x 8 ½”

Black 3 ¼” x 4 ½”

White 3” x 4 ¼”

Designer series paper- Hues of Happiness  2” x 5 ½”  AC p. 132

Accessories-  black gingham ribbon  AC p. 146

Wink of Stella-  AC p. 128





Card 4

This is called, The Reflection Technique. Dawn Olchefske made the video.
Here are the specifics.


Stamps-  Beauty of Friendship- Thinking of you   AC p. 104

Lovely as a Tree (retired) Used by request.  Line of Trees and oak leaf cluster

Ink –  Memento rich cocoa, pumpkin pie, old olive, balmy blue

Paper –   early espresso card base 5 ½” x 8 ½”

Old olive 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”

Early espresso 3 5/8” x 3 5/8”

White 3 ½” x 3 1/2”

Balmy blue 1 ¼” x 4 ¼”

 

Accessories- double oval punch  AC p. 154

Crumb cake dauber  AC p. 128

Blue blending brush  AC p. 129

Dimensionals  AC p. 127


I hope you like the cards and the directions to make them.

Blessings,

Bensarmom

 







No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...