Tuesday, November 1, 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook for today, November 1, 2022

 For today, November 1, 2022

It all started here.


Looking out my window, it is dark without the glowing pumpkin lights and children's squeals of last night. It is dark and strangely quiet. We've had a bit of rain which always chases all inside.



I am thinking-that I've had a wonderful day with Mia Sunshine. She is the sunshine in my days. Today we got the cutest video of her. She was watching a video she was in, that her mother posted. The beautiful smiles came easily to her face. I sure wish I knew what she was thinking when she saw it.
It was just precious.


I am thankful that Tim is settling back into retired life. No more trekking to Ben's house to work on it. Tim's actually able to rest, relax and enjoy retirement.  He is busy getting the outside ready for winter. cleaning up flower beds, cutting down the garden plants, and raking leaves.  Happy Fall Y'all.
I remember building piles of leaves and letting the kids jump and roll in them. What fun times and wonderful memories. I'm sure Mia will enjoy this fall activity in a few years.


One of my favorite things is listening to the crunch of leaves under my feet.


I am creating, One Sheet Wonders for homebound at at local church. My friend Jan, is helping me do this.  These are examples made by LeeAnn Greff. You cut designer paper following a pattern, then use that with cardstock and stamps to make a group of cards.  You can use designer paper or you can stamp your own paper.



France Martin created a One Sheet Wonder by making her own stamped paper. She cut the paper into pieces and made cards.


I am wearing jeans, a yellow short-sleeved blouse and Crocs. We had a pretty nice day today so Crocs fit the bill for shoes.


I will begin to cut out pieces for cards for this month's classes. I am a week ahead, and that's a good feeling.

I am hoping that tests I have Thursday will be normal. As I get older, I never know what surprises my body has for me.

I am learning that Mia's growth and development are amazingly all God.  Today she watched a video of herself and smiled and talked throughout it. She never took her eyes off the phone. I'm thrilled we got a video of her reaction to herself! Thanks Tim.


In the kitchen, I am grateful that Tim has taken over meal preparation. Tonight we had a favorite pasta with mild sausage in the sauce. Yum.  We get ground sausage and cook it then add it to our sauce.  I love this more the next day as the sausage has a chance to really enhance the taste of the sauce.



In the school room I continue to work on learning how my Scan N Cut machine works. With classes growing and taking on a senior center with classes, I wanted to be able to scan and cut the shape of stamps, then have people stamp their image.  I do this by using the negative of the die and place it on the Stamparatus and anchor it there. I line up the stamp with this negative. 
Next I have stampers place their cut out shape into the negative space, ink the stamp and stamp the image. They remove their image and pass the Stamparatus to the next person.




In my garden I still have a butterfly bush that looks gorgeous! The weather has been in the 60's. This weekend we should see 70's. It's been wonderful sitting on the patio enjoying coffee, a book and the outdoors in general.



Verse of the Day: Titus 1: 7-8



Blessings of the Day
I was blessed to be with Mia today. She brings so much love and sunshine into my life.
Tim cooked dinner.  I'd rather clean up.
Tim and I watched the World Series until the 8th inning. No point to sitting through the rest.
God blessed me with a visit from my son. He is precious to me, as is his wife.

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today.
Blessings,
Bensarmom




No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...