Monday, February 20, 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook for February 19, 2023

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for February 19, 2023


The Simple Woman's Daybook began here:

For Today, Sunday, February 19th, 2023


Looking out my window, it's dark outside after a warmer than usual February day here in Ohio. Lots of people were seen walking by my window today. My studio desk faces a window.

I am thinking, that tomorrow Tim and I get back to our normal routine. We've been down with COVID since Feb. 7th.  We've been so careful about where we go and never thought we'd catch it at his father's memorial service. We never even thought to wear a mask.........



I am thankful, that what we were it with wasn't not as bad as it could have been.  We're both fatigued after doing things, but it feels good to get up and do something!



One of my favorite things, is a video call from my son and granddaughter. I watch her three days a week and so missed her. What a great time we have, with me talking to the baby, and the baby is talking to me and trying to grab the phone.  I get to see her Tuesday!


I am creating, another scarf for kids. It will be donated to a local church who makes sure school kids have warm things to wear. There's not better feeling than knowing your efforts are benefitting your own neighborhood.


I need to work on Baby Sunshine's scrapbook. She turned 11 months last week. Her mother takes pictures of her like a studio would. I pick what I want for her scrapbook.


I am also finishing up cards for my classes this week. I had to push them back a week because of COVID.

My first card is called, Beautifully Happy Fun Fold Card by Mary Knabe. I love to look for different fun folds that my group hasn't done before. This card opens using the center strip. Inside you show off you beautiful designer series paper.


This second card is my favorite called, a Pendant Card. A friend of mine saw it and sent me a link. The directions were from a gal named Anita Dickson. Her explanation in her video is excellent!

My favorite stamp set is Seaside Bay with By The Bay designer paper. The card looks like a step card. It is a faux step card. This was created by Dee Slater. I love to see designs of others and make their card a bit different.
This last card is called, Angled Easel Card by Karen Titus. I love the Cottage Rose Flower and that paper is just gorgeous!


I am wearing my favorite purple sweater from years ago. It's a beautiful cable knit, pull on sweater. I'm also wearing jeans, fuzzy pink and gray socks from hubby for Christmas, and tennis shoes.

I am listening to Celine Dion's greatest hits on Spotify tonight. I was surprised that a few of my favorites weren't on their list.

 The Prayer, with Josh Groban is one of my favorites that she sings.



I am hoping things go smoothly tomorrow. I have two classes. One class is at 10 and the next is at 1.


I am learning that my body needs to rest, even though COVID is through.


In my kitchen all is quiet and cleaned up until another day begins tomorrow.

 A moment from my day when I sat down after vacuuming and got a bit of an unplanned nap.

 Verse of the Day: Proverbs 16:9

It's all in His Will and His Time.

Blessings,
Bensarmom


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...