Monday, July 27, 2009

A Week Ago Today.....

...I was having total hip replacement surgery. What a difference a week can make huh? This is a beautiful vase of flowers I received. No, not from a florist, but from my 14 year old DS. He picked flowers from the garden and put them into the vase without me knowing it. He brought it into my craft/bedroom and I cried............what a sweet young man he is. I told him he's going to make a great husband some day! He's my sensitive one.

I am still having trouble sleeping at night. I sleep about 2 hours at a time then wake up to hobble to the bathroom............ever tried sleeping on your back? I'm NOT a back sleeper so it may take longer to rest up. I can rest in our recliner so I may do better with that one night.

I will be getting the staples out in another week hopefully. The incision must be dry, as of now it's still weeping a clear or yellowish liquid.........so wonderful the after effects of surgery!
I continue to pray that God will direct this healing process and that I'll be soon be walking without the use of a metal contraption. Right now it's the "Metal Monster" as I call the walker. My sweet Annabelle, the cat, won't come near me when she sees the metal monster. I miss petting her and snuggling with her.
Next I will go to the cane, which is kind of like a silver peg-leg...........I've learned how to go up and down steps with it and it seems to rattle less than the metal monster! I think it will be another two weeks before I can become peg-leg the stamper!
Take care of yourself and praise God for even the smallest things.........one of my things was that I could get out of bed today! LOL No kidding, I did it by myself! It's the little things that you look for when you can't do much for yourself, ya know?
Thanks for stopping by today. May your be blessed.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...