Saturday, January 9, 2010

No Lake Effect Snow Here-Can You Say Thank You God!?

Can you tell I'm at work and not on vacation anymore?  Yup, the last time I posted was last week.  I've been busy at work but still leaving time for stamping at home.   One of the challenges on SCS had us making quilts of one sort or another.  I have been dying to make some so I tried several different ways to make them using the top not die.  Wahoo, what fun I had.    

The first quilt card is one I punched out 1 1/4" squares and attached them to paper then cut it with the top note die. Then I embossed it so it would have a quilted texture. Cool huh?


 














The second one was a top note that was cut to just about the edge on both sides, then I wove 1/2" strips of designer paper into it. then it was embossed then I added the hearts and butterflies.



The next card, I cut strips of designer paper and put them on a piece of paper just a bit larger than the top note die needed.   Then I cut the paper out with the top note die.  Then I added the leaves. flower, button and the linen thread.

This last quilt card was made using the left-overs from the other cards.  I put it on vanilla cardstock which seems to show up well with this beautiful red designer paper.
I got some fun stuff to play with Friday so I'm making some Valentine's Day cards now. I have workshop the 22nd I'm getting ready for. I'm making samples so the ladies can see all sorts of things they can do with Stampin' Up's new mini catalog items.




I also got some SU storage boxes for their new unmounted stamps.  I love these things!  I cut paper to fit inside the pocket then stamped using my Bible verses for the card ministry, all here are from other companies.  I am thrilled that now I can see all the verses I have, what they look like etc.  I was able to put stamps on the front cover and the back cover.  That's a lot of stamps I tell ya!  I am going to order more so I can store the rest of my stamps this way.  Love it!

This card was made for Friday's challenge on SCS.   I tried to make it a simpler card than I usually make.  I'm trying to find something simple to have guests make at the workshop I'm having in two weeks.


I'm itching to make another video.  I hope to get some of the other things done around here so I can do that.  I'm so thankful that we didn't get that horrible lake effect snow we were supposed to get Friday.  We got the day off from work based on that storm coming in the middle of the day.  All the districts around us closed and I cancelled Card Ministry thinking it would be awful out there..............still no storm.  Oh well, old man winter went somewhere else!  I'm thrilled.  I hate driving in the white stuff.  I love looking at it and photographing it but not driving in it.
Thanks for stopping by.  Take care and try to bless some one today with your words, your smile, your actions or even a card.
Blessisngs,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...