Sunday, June 27, 2010

Home Again Home Again Tom Tom's a Gem

We made it home Friday in record time without a lot of traffic delays. Our Tom Tom was able to direct us back home as easily as just going down the street.  We really were in an isolated area.  So much so, we only had enough power in our phones to text each other or get email.....LOL
 It's funny when we go on vacations there is always a strong desire to get back home to your own bed, familiar surroundings, pets, etc. For me the ride is the longest on the way home.

We had a wonderful time relaxing and enjoying family time and time to do what we each wanted to do.
I wasn't able to stamp while I was on vacation but made up for it today and yesterday.
I've tried using Tart and Tangy again since it's summer. See what you think.
This is a card that I cased from the tart and tangy gallery. It was made by rjmaners. Check out her gallery here.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...;ppuser=213524
I loved the color combo and the way she cut out the lemon and orange slices and put dimensionals under them. Thanks rjmaners.

This is a bit different for me but I enjoyed playing around with the layout. I didn't like the layered rectangle so I added glittered fruit on top of the fruit I stamped. I then layered a 2 3/8" scallop circle cut in half and put them at each end of the rectangle. I like the flowing look now that this has. A challenge to myself was to make a card without stamping the background or embossing it. I did it!
I am playing with old and new colors together. I also am trying this challenge for the first time.  I stamped three apples in cherry ink then added a black border behind it. I used the same border to make the three color towers. The apple panel has dimensionals behind it to give it depth.
 This was a fun layout for me. I decided to punch out the fruit and put it at the end of each colored strip. then I added black behind each to make them stand out more. Then I cut out two yellow pieces and added a dimensional to each to make them stand out. This was a fun layout and challenge. 
We've just had a major thunderstorm here.  You know the kind, where you all head to the basement with a book and a remote in your hand so you can check the intensity of the storm and what's developing.  It's gone now but we're supposed to have more later. 

I was reminded this week how God gets my attention.  I was unable to sleep due to knee and hip pain and God quieted my heart long enough for me to hear that HE was there, and HE was in control.  I asked why He just didn't take the pain away so I could walk and be healthy like I want to be.  This song came to mind.  I don't know His reasons or timing, but I Trust Him with my life..............see what you think of this video.  They lyrics reallly speak to me at times like this.
  Does God also bring people into your life that need your help during times like this?  We need to serve God in our little part of the world.  We serve God by doing things in His honor with the people He puts in our lives.  It could be the woman at the drive thru each morning, the cleaning person at your place of employment, the students you teach, the people you bank with, the person on the other end of the line that you're waiting to talk to.  You were created in God's image to be what He needs you to be.  Do you know that You are the ONLY one like You in the universe?  Only YOU can do the special things God needs you to do.  Isn't that amazing?  Hold Fast my friends, and get the quiet time you need to hear God whisper to you.  For you are one incredible person with so much to do for God while you're here.
Bless you for stopping by.





 


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...