Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Last Day of Work for the Summer

FOR TODAY
June 9, 2010

Outside my window…it's cloudy and I hear birds in the tree outside the window.
I am thinking…how awesome it is to be on SUMMER VACATION!
I am thankful for…how God has brought me through this last tough week.

From the kitchen…nothing's happening........should go down and eat lunch though.
I am wearing…jeans, t-shirt and shoes
I am creating…a plan for stamping and reading this summer.

I am going…to take a nap.....I never take naps but will because I'm now on vacation.

I am reading…a book about a young man, a lighthouse and a dog as told by the dog.
I am hoping…my headache goes away.
I am hearing…birds chirping all over outside.

Around the house…it's quiet since Ben and I are the only ones home.

One of my favorite things…is to read, stamp or visit with family and friends.

From my picture journal...Here are the pink poppies that just opened in my garden.  Aren't they just lovely?










I can't believe it's finally here, my last day of work for the summer.  I am so happy to be starting summer vacation.  No nagging feeling that you have things to do and can't enjoy the things your want to do~

I made two cards today to celebrate.
This was a fun card to make. My fav technique is watercoloring so I used watercolor paper and embossed with black embossing powder. Then I used an aqua painter and watercolor crayons to color the rose. It was colored with coral, then rose. Turquoise was painted for the background. I added a black border and thanks. I didn't have ric-rac, so I made my own with my scallop border punch. Hope that's okay.
This was a very difficult layout for me. I may have another go at this later. I used the flower from fifth ave. florals and watercolored it with crayons. then I cut the ovals by putting them through the big shot. The background and flower were embossed. I used the build a brad for the flower center.
Thanks for stopping by today.  May you be blessed and continue to bless others.

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...