Thursday, June 10, 2010

First Day of Vacation

For my first day of vacation I did things for myself.  I had breakfast on my screened in back porch and read my Bible.  Then I read and just enjoyed the beautiful sounds of nature all around me.  It was wonderful!!  Pretty birds singing and flying around and gorgeous flowers in the garden to look at.  I felt like I was in God's garden.....it was so peaceful.  What a wonderful gift for my first day of vacation.
I also received my box of goodies that will be in the new catty July 1st.  Take a peek.  I also got my new catty for 2010-2011.  There are some wonderful goodies I can't wait to order!
I also made some cards with the new stamp set I got.  It's a Hostess Level 1 set.  It's my kind of stamp set.......flowers that look old fashioned. :-)  See what you think.
A new Hostess level 1 set from SU called, Because I Care, is the focus of my card. I used the new quilt SU embossing folder for the background and on the image as well. The flower was colored with markers, huffed, then stamped.
Here's the second one. I used different pinks to color the flower. Started with pretty in pink on the whole flower then added rose and mambo over the pink.

I told myself other than taking kids hither and yon, I wouldn't do any work today.  I had to cook dinner but that's all I did cuz hubby works hard all day and it's a nice way to say I Love You.  It also keeps him from being a grouchy bear all evening! :-)
Thank you for stopping by and may God Bless you.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...