Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Sunday

Today was a busy day.  I got up to deliver cards the Card Ministry made.  Then I had Bible study with Tim during the second service.  We came home for a little snack then finished getting ready for a family gathering with Tim's family.  His aunt and uncle came in and it's always nice to visit with them.  They are from North Carolina.
Sarah and I went right to church at 5:15 so it was a busy day.
I did get to get some time to myself.  I finished reading Mary Beth Chapman's book which was really good.  I don't read non-fiction often but this was a moving and excellent read.



It's been a long time since I've done this so I need to catch up.

FOR TODAY Monday September 13, 2010
Outside my window...it's sunny, breezy and a beautiful day!
I am thinking...I hope I have everything ready so I can go and have my surgery tomorrow afternoon.
I am thankful for...Tim, Ben and Sarah and God who watches over me every step of the way.

From the learning rooms...kids are quietly doing homework.

From the kitchen...there is not a sound which means I'll have to get in there soon to make dinner for us.

I am wearing...a t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes.
I am creating...a card for the technique lovers challenge on Splitcoast Stampers
I am going...to have my surgery tomorrow about 2 to have my hip repaired.

I am reading..Stuck in Neutral by Terry Trueman.

I am hoping...that my surgery goes very well tomorrow.

I am hearing...Christian music to keep me calm and settled

Around the house...cats are sleeping and kids are doing homework.

One of my favorite things...to curl up with a cat and a good book.
A few plans for the rest of the week: surgery and recovery of hip corrective surgery.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing....
FOR TODAY






Outside my window...it is dark, and cold. The snow was melting today so the ground is wet.



I am thinking...that it's been a very busy weekend making samples for the Card Ministry Friday.



I am thankful for...the love and support of my husband. I'm also thankful for the wonderful conversation I had with Sarah tonight.



From the learning rooms...homework is finished yet two 15 year olds are putting together their testimony to support God creating the world.

From the kitchen...the sounds of guys trying to make meringue for their Spanish dessert. Two young men who have NO clue how to do this!! LOL It was fun listening to them until they were talking about the gray color they had............YIKES! Needless to say they started again. LOL



I am wearing...jeans, a long sleeve shirt and shoes



I am creating...lots of cards that will bless the individuals they will go to. I'm praying that each and every card will bring someone closer to God.



I am going...to sleep very soon...............ho hum, it's been a long day.



I am reading...nothing right now..........gonna pick up a Nicholas Sparks book tomorrow at the library.



I am hoping...to be able to walk pain free soon and start exercising again.



I am hearing...the laughter and fun of having kids in the house.



Around the house...there is laughter and conversation of two young men working in the kitchen.



One of my favorite things...is a hot cup of coffee. We've just found Godiva coffee and it's fantastic!



A few plans for the rest of the week: I have some meetings at work then I'm going to be finishing designing cards for Friday. Then I'll be cutting paper.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing....
Life for this butterfly is taken care of by God.  He takes care of us and loves us even more than the butterfly.  He is with us each step of our way.  We need to let go, and let God drive.  It's hard to do but I continue to try to do it.
If you liked this simple woman post check out the link below.
Bless you for entering my life for a short time.

Blessings to you.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...