Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday At Last- HOW DO YOU SPELL RELIEF? CALL IN SICK AND STAY IN THE AIR!

I was sent an email with this video attached to it. The older woman giving the invocation changes her tune after Amen...........If you need a laugh today listen to her stand-up routine.

I also got the poem that she reads at the end. Here it is:



Blessed In Aging


~Esther Mary Walker

Blessed are they who understand

My faltering step and shaking hand

Blessed, who know my ears today

Must strain to hear the things they say.

Blessed are those who seem to know

My eyes are dim and my mind is slow

Blessed are those who look away

When I spilled tea that weary day.

Blessed are they who, with cheery smile

Stopped to chat for a little while

Blessed are they who know the way

To bring back memories of yesterday.

Blessed are those who never say

“You’ve told that story twice today”

Blessed are they who make it known

That I am loved, respected and not alone.

And blessed are they who will ease the days

Of my journey home, in loving ways.

This poem, as read by Mary Maxwell in the video

“A Reminder That Laughter is the Best Medicine.”

Here is the card I made for ways to use it challenge today on SCS.  You had to use one layer.  For my image panel I used one layer.  I brayered this and used Kind and Caring thoughts.  I also used the dotted scallop ribbon and a wonderful antique brad.
Tomorrow Ben is leaving for Patmos, a Christian camp on Kelly's Island.  He is going early since he's on the tech team to transport all of the luggage and unload and set up the sound equipment. 
Sarah will leave with the rest of the kids around 5 tomorrow evening.  Tim and I have some plans for the weekend.  NO KIDS!!  WAHOO!!!  Don't tell them I said that! LOL


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...