Monday, October 4, 2010

Busy Sunday and Countdown to Work

We started the day with Bible Study at church and bagels in the Cafe at church.  Nothing like a bagel with cream cheese unless it's strawberry cream cheese! LOL
Tim and I are in a Bible Study called, Knowing God.  It's a book that you work through one day at a time.  You have reading to do, questions to answer, Bible verses to remember........yea right, with this brain?  I get parts of them....LOL.
You write and reflect then talk about it in class.  It's a great book but I've fallen behind the class due to surgery.  The teacher says to just go up to where the class is, but if I'm going to grow I think I need to work where I am and move ahead at my own pace.  The class seems to be mostly lecture.

I was able to take a walk with Tim today as well.  We walked around the block once and I was huffing and puffing at the end.  But I made it holding Tim's hand and using my cane.

I finished making a dozen faux alligator purses for the craft show in Nov.  Here they are.  They can be for gift cards of small gifts.  I made different patterns so they'd be more appealing.  I also made the closures different.  They close with velcro.

Another project I was working on was finishing cards for the craft show that I stamped from Pam's stamps.  Here are those cards.

So I am ready to look at making some candles for this show, I'm going to have to see what I have here.  It is good to do this, I can clear out many things that are sitting around waiting to be made into something ya know?
   I thought there should be another video today. I am really liking what this group, Kutless has to say.  Take a listen to this song called, Strong Tower.


Thanks for stopping by today.  What is one of your favorite names for God?  Have you ever thought about it?  I like Abba Father....I picture a loving father trying to help me each step of the way.  I am having a visit with a friend and her almost 2 year old tomorrow.  Should be fun!
Bless you for stopping by.


1 comment:

jkreucher said...

Hi Sue,, so glad your up and walking around again... so sorry that you had to have more surgery.
I am walking now without a cane now and Life is getting back to normal...
I Love these darling little purses... I just know that they will sell well..
did you get the pattern from SCS... I am off to take a look for them.
hugs to you..
get better every day!
Judy

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....