Monday, October 4, 2010

Busy Sunday and Countdown to Work

We started the day with Bible Study at church and bagels in the Cafe at church.  Nothing like a bagel with cream cheese unless it's strawberry cream cheese! LOL
Tim and I are in a Bible Study called, Knowing God.  It's a book that you work through one day at a time.  You have reading to do, questions to answer, Bible verses to remember........yea right, with this brain?  I get parts of them....LOL.
You write and reflect then talk about it in class.  It's a great book but I've fallen behind the class due to surgery.  The teacher says to just go up to where the class is, but if I'm going to grow I think I need to work where I am and move ahead at my own pace.  The class seems to be mostly lecture.

I was able to take a walk with Tim today as well.  We walked around the block once and I was huffing and puffing at the end.  But I made it holding Tim's hand and using my cane.

I finished making a dozen faux alligator purses for the craft show in Nov.  Here they are.  They can be for gift cards of small gifts.  I made different patterns so they'd be more appealing.  I also made the closures different.  They close with velcro.

Another project I was working on was finishing cards for the craft show that I stamped from Pam's stamps.  Here are those cards.

So I am ready to look at making some candles for this show, I'm going to have to see what I have here.  It is good to do this, I can clear out many things that are sitting around waiting to be made into something ya know?
   I thought there should be another video today. I am really liking what this group, Kutless has to say.  Take a listen to this song called, Strong Tower.


Thanks for stopping by today.  What is one of your favorite names for God?  Have you ever thought about it?  I like Abba Father....I picture a loving father trying to help me each step of the way.  I am having a visit with a friend and her almost 2 year old tomorrow.  Should be fun!
Bless you for stopping by.


1 comment:

jkreucher said...

Hi Sue,, so glad your up and walking around again... so sorry that you had to have more surgery.
I am walking now without a cane now and Life is getting back to normal...
I Love these darling little purses... I just know that they will sell well..
did you get the pattern from SCS... I am off to take a look for them.
hugs to you..
get better every day!
Judy

Use an Ugly Color

  Hey Everybody, This week for the Alphabet Challenge, the letter is U. We are to make a card with ugly colors.  I had this marbled paper th...