Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding and You

While I didn't sit and watch the whole wedding like I did when Diana married 30 years ago, I caught bits and pieces when they showed them on tv.  I sat amazed that much of the world was celebrating the marriage of two people.  Two human beings, one a commoner the other royalty. Once married they were both royalty.
  This got me to thinking that we are daughters of the Lord most high.  He is our bridegroom and we are his bride. Have you ever thought of yourself as a princess?  Don't feel worthy?  Well, if that's your line of thinking that's not going to work.  You ARE a princess and worth all of the love God showers on you.  He loves you more than anyone here on earth.  You are a very special person and you need to start to tell yourself that enough times so that you start to believe it and live it.  We are God's creation, created in HIS image. He made you and I for a purpose.  We're to worship and serve Him.  Have you found a way to serve him by serving others?  Have you found a ministry that just makes you smile and stirs your heart?  Ask God to help you find where you need to be to serve Him and others.
  Tonight I went to a womens event at my church called, Simply Worship.  There is a women's worship band and lots of singing and praising God.  You can sit, stand, pray, journal, whatever you need to do.  I came away so different than when I went in.  I asked a few ladies to pray for me and it was an amazing difference after they prayed.  Praise God for working through them tonight.
So next time you feel insignificant, think of your bridegroom, God who loves his princess dearly.
Here's a song by Mandisa that has been helping me today.  It's called Stronger.  As you listen to the song, look at the words and really let this talk to you.




Blessings,



No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...