Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday What Will You Bring?

Today brought with it a tiredness that comes from going to bed at 2 a.m. one night and 12 the next night.
On 6 hours of sleep I started my day by going to the farmers market near us.  When I got home Tim was here with groceries so I helped him put those away.  Next I took Ben to church.  Then I got to eat breakfast and get my quiet time.  By then Ben had called an needed something dropped off at church, so Sarah and I did that, went to the library, Target and the bank.
Got home in time for lunch then I got to work on some cards. Then I got to take Sarah to her friend's house.  I came back home and watched the DVD Like Dandelion Dust.
It was a good movie but very short compared to the book.  I read the book which of course had more going on than the movie.


Today was a gorgeous sunny day.  It was about 50 degrees so not a bad day.
Tim fixed the screens on one side of our screened in porch.  We had them blow out due to the high winds we had earlier in the week.  It was a job that took several hours of going up and down a ladder.  I wish I could do things like that to help, but after two hip surgeries Tim doesn't want me on a ladder.

I got so much done with my cards.  They were in various states. Some were put together and just needed words on the front and inside, some had something on the outside but needed something on the inside, and some were images colored that needed to be put with a card.
I was able to finish many of them and those that will be used for Mother's Day or Father's Day were packaged with an envelope and put into a box for sale at church.

Ben had some friends over tonight.  It was fun to hear guys laughing and goofing around downstairs in the basement.  Having the basement refinished has been the best thing for when the kids invite friends over.  They can go down there and the rest of the family can still do what they want to do.

I am preparing to go back to work tomorrow. (I know that makes Hope delieriously happy!)  We will go back to a levy on the ballot Tuesday, which if it doesn't pass we will go into state receivership and they will begin to make decisions for us.
We also go back to State Testing which is always a difficult week.  No regular routine.  Most of my students don't take state testing, but the Alternate Assessment test. So I have my students and the other special education teacher's students while she, her assistant and my assistant do the testing this year.
It makes for a stressful week with more kids in the room to have to deal with myself.

I know that God will be with me and I will get through all of this with his help.
Here's how Ben and a friend relaxed Saturday...........It's fun to see teens doing silly things that are fun and don't hurt anyone. Really refreshing.........

Take a listen to Skillet tonight as they sing How Great The Father's Love...


Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings to you and yours,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...