Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday, What a Busy Day-Fun, Fun, Fun!

Today was a busy and fun day.  I got up early to pick up a friend to go to the Medina Stamp and Scrapbook Garage Sale.  We each had a table at the show.  One of the great things about this show is that it is from 9:30-12:30.  Three hours and you're done.  I sold a lot of stamps and got rid of most of my FREE stuff. I took 9 boxes and came back with 6.  That's not bad.
  Val and I have been close friends for 5 years and don't get to see each other so much anymore so it was wonderful to spend the day with her.  We stopped at Panera for lunch, then shopped at Hobby Lobby.  The only downer was that H. L. didn't have a 40% off coupon this week.
  We stopped at Hollo's on the way home in a thunderstorm!  What an interesting time we had walking through the rain.  We've each had hip or knee surgery so we couldn't risk falling by running in the rain!
  When I got home I got things put away and dug into the chocolate brownie with choc. frosting and coffee! Yum!  Nothing better than that!
  When Tim got up, we went out to eat since the kids were in Pittsburgh for a mission trip for church.  It's nice to have this once in a while.  God's getting us ready for kids to leave the nest, little by little.
  I finished 20 Mother's Day cards for Sunday. 
At Church I am selling Mother's Day and other cards to raise money for the Sr. High Peru Missions Trip.
Here are some of the cards I made and the tri-fold display board.

I'm packed and ready to go for tomorrow.  I'll be at church from 8:30-1:30.  I'm bringing images to color too.
Thanks for stopping by. You are appreciated.

Blessings,




No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...