Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Monday

I got to play some SCS challenges today.  The technique lovers challenge and the CAS challenge.  Here is the card I made for those challenges. 
I love this cute little Monica Mouse.  She is yawning and the stamp says, 'bored'.  I always thought she was yelling or telling on someone. LOL  The challenge was to do patchwork and I thought of a quilt right away. The paper is SU Ice Cream Shoppe I think.  I borrowed the embossing folder from Jane to make the background, so I'm not sure who makes it.

I am continuing to work on cards to be sold Sunday.  I will be happy when that is done.  It is a lot of work to keep working on cards for some specific thing.  It's not the same as just sitting down and stamping what I want to make ya know?
Sarah and I ran errands including grocery shopping, library, and pharmacy to drop/pick up prescriptions.
Our new washer came and is quietly washing clothes.  The dryer will be delivered next week sometime.
Our washer and dryer were 17years old.  We bought them a year after we were married.
It's amazing what the washer and dryer can do now!  I felt like I was lost in a time warp. 

Ben's at Grandma and Grandpa's helping them out for a few days.  He loves to do this.  We stopped and visited as a family last night.  Wednesday I'll pick him up and we'll enjoy lunch at Panera Bread not too far from here.

Here is a song that I've been listening to recently.  Mandessa is an amazing singer.  Sarah says her book is very good as well.  I'll have to get her book and read it.
Give a listen.  Here are the words.
 Lifeline lyrics

Here I am drowning in
A sea of my own choices
Holding to hope by a thread (Yeah)
I'm looking 'round, I'm calling out
Fear pulls me down
When the waters rush over my head

Chorus:
You are my lifeline
You are my rescue
Strength in my weakness
Light in my darkness
You are my safety
Lifter of my head
The air that I need when I can't seem to breathe in
You are my lifeline
You are my lifeline

How many times, how many turns
Will it take 'till I learn
You reach for me in my need (Yeah)
And when I cry I know that I'll
Faithfully find you
When life comes crashing on me

Chorus:
You are my lifeline
You are my rescue
Strength in my weakness
Light in my darkness
You are my safety
Lifter of my head
The air that I need when I can't seem to breathe in

You are my lifeline
You are my lifeline

You're there in my brokenness, in my distress
My rock when I'm strong or when I'm powerless
You hold me in rushing tides when waters rise
And I'll always find

Chorus:
You are my lifeline
You are my rescue
Strength in my weakness
Light in my darkness
You are my safety
Lifter of my head
The air that I need when I can't seem to breathe in

(Repeat once)

You are my lifeline
You are my lifeline
You are my lifeline

I really enjoy listening to this.  Did you catch the first line? 

Here I am drowning in  A sea of my own choices. 
What a thing to admit huh?  We all have those times yet struggle to take responsibility for the choices made.  I'm praying that God will help me to admit those things sooner and move on to be all I can be for Him.
Thanks for stopping by today. 
This is Day 1 of Sister week for Hope, Patti and Rose.  Hi ladies, hope you're enjoying yourselves.
Blessings,




No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...