Friday, June 17, 2011

Peru Shopping Friday....Cough, Cough, Cough...Card Writing...Cough, Cough, Cough

Today began with shopping for the LAST time for Peru.  I think we've spent as much to get kids ready to go as we will for the trip! LOL  Seems like every time I turn around somebody needs something for the trip.
  In the midst of all of this shopping, I am trying to finish the cards I'll sell Sunday at church.  I have finished them and put them in plastic sleeves.  I can't believe how many I have.  I thank God for helping me to prepare all of these.
  I got a call from Jane today and she said she was home sick with a cold, cough etc.  She sounded awful!  She didn't want to bring this to our house where the kids might get it.  Bless her.  I told her I have a cold also but not as badly as hers.  She was going to help me get things finished for the card sale Sunday.  Once again, God has helped me do what is needed in spite of the road blocks put in the way.
  I continue to cough, have a headache because of all the coughing and feel tired and miserable.  However God continues to move me through all that I need to do so I go on.
  I started to write cards to Sarah for each day she is in Peru.  I've had cards from Tim that were hand made in other countries.  This is the perfect time to use these for Ben and Sarah.
  I've written through Monday June 27th filling the letter with thoughts, weather in Peru, questions, memories and of course Bible verses that seem to go with the rest of the letter.  I'm so glad God gave me this idea.  I am doing it for both kids so they can be refreshed each day and reminded how much they are loved.
  I still can't believe that I am this calm about them going for two weeks.  Tim asked me if I am going to cry when they leave?  I don't know how I will react.  I'd better have him drive home though huh?
  Time to get some sleep.  Praise God for all he's given me.  I praise him for the gift of a husband and my two children.
What are you praising God for today?
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...