Friday, July 1, 2011

Stamping Fun With Friends

God is so good to me.  I know that.  He has allowed me to enjoy time with friends to stamp, create, laugh and just have fun!  I am so thankful for that.  This is a summer where I am recharging from work, and running kids here and there.  It's amazing how much time is spent running them around town.  I truly am appreciating time off from all of that.
  Ben and Sarah will be home in 3 days.  Can't wait to hug them.  I was on Facebook with Sarah last night and she said she and Ben were talking about how much they'd love to have me bring chocolate brownies with frosting when I go to pick them up.  They said they are so ready for American food and a shower!
  I will be baking brownies for my sweet, sweet children, you can bet on that.
I've been stamping and getting my Stampin' Up order ready for today.  I already put it in.  I am having a Stamping Night here July 15th and an Open House July 23rd, so I want some things from the new catty to show off and use.
  Here are some cards I've just finished.  The first one is a CASE of Karen Barber's card.  I changed it a bit and added shimmer spray.  I also used the new limeade paper for leaves.  Check out Karen's gallery and see what other beauties she has there. the challenge was to use something old something new.
The stamp set, Flower Fest is new, the white embossing powder and pearls are old.   I stamped the flower with versamark then embossed in white and used a mambo marker to color in the flower. I stamped the leaves the same way on limeade paper. 
This second card is for the Free For All Challenge today where you were to pick a July holiday from a website Wendy provided.  I chose I Forgot Day.  I can totally relate to it!  That's why I put a string around the elephant's trunk, to help her remember.  Be alas, she forgot what the string was for! LOL

I stamped with Emily today and we got lots done.  We took alot of images she had stamped and cut them out with Nestabilities.  Then she'd find designer paper she liked and we added that behind her cut outs.  The day sure does fly when you stamp with a friend.  Thanks Emily for a wonderful day.

I put in my Stampin' Up order today.  I have to tell you I felt like that elephant on that card above.  I couldn't find my order.  You know the feeling?  You've spent since June 1st going through and changing and rechanging your order, then when it's time to order, you can't find it!  AAAAHHHH!
I actually prayed about it and told God I knew He knew where it was, and would appreciate knowing where it was.  A little while later, I found it inside my new catalog at a page that I needed a catalog number.  God is so good!  I didn't have to start all over.  I know I'd have forgotten something so I'm glad I didn't have to redo my order.
  Thank you God for surrounding me with loving people.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...