Saturday, September 15, 2012

Coming Back to Reality


Considering what Patti and I are going through right now, here's a song that I just came across which is such a good reminder. Group1Crew  the song is He Said.



I can't remember being taken down by a cold like this. It came on Tuesday with a sore throat and by Wednesday I had the cough. By Wed. evening I was coughing and full of gunk. I called in sick Thursday and Friday to try to recover from this. I've been sleeping in a recliner since Wednesday. DH got me medicine, cough drops in lots of flavors and tissues. I'm starting to feel a bit better, but so tired. That happens when you cough the night away....I made my first card in a few days today for yesterdays corner rounding challenge and today's inspiration challenge on SCS.
  I needed a few twins cards for Card Ministry so I made this one.  I thought it was cute with the animals, thinking Noah's Ark, two-by-two theme and all.

It's just a rectangle with one set of corners rounded then I used my 1 3/4" circle punch to cut out the top part, and the circle and scallop circle punches to make the scallops at the top of the bib. The scallop neck is hard to see since it a similar color to the card base.  Then I added ribbon to the top of each side and tied it.  The embossing folder is an old one for a baby.
Here's a sweet picture of my Ben with his friend walking the pastor's middle child on the Jr. High retreat last weekend.  Ben's always been good with kids and has done this before.  He went last weekend to set up the tech stuff for the weekend and helped with running tech.  In between that he hung out with the pastor's kids so the pastor could do things with the students.  I guess the pastor, his wife and three kids all went on this weekend with the youth group.  Love to see this side of Ben.
So funny, I see Ben looking at the child and his friend must be looking at his phone. :) (Arm bent and head down usually means, reading a text.)

Here is Ben with two of his best friends fooling around at the Jr. High Event they did tech and played in the band.  I guess there is time to have fun and fool around huh?

 Sure loved this To Do list when I saw it this week.  I think I'd add, eat chocolate, pray and rejoice in God's Love.

I had Card Ministry last night and there were three people plus me.  What was funny was I told a gal helping to set up that she could put stamping paper on each place at the table.  I told here if the chairs weren't filled, we'd move from table to table doing the cards there.  That's what happened.  The four of us made 100 cards in an hour and a half.

I just finished a card for the new Queen For The Day on SCS.  Here's my card to honor Loll.

Here's my card to honor Loll. I just loved her card here.
That's what inspired me to do this card. Congratulations on being Queen Loll.
I used a post-it-note to mask the page while I used a dauber with bashful blue. I added images from Autumn Days and added a greeting at the bottom, from Hero Arts. It is backed with cherry then mounted on mustard and embossed with an SU embossing folder.

We got news Tuesday that one of the little guys who has been the most difficult will be going to another school for a year so that he can get what he needs to succeed here.  That will help Patti and I greatly.  We praise God for His Goodness and Glory and Mercy.

Blessing of the Day: I had energy to make a few cards!
I also had energy to post to my blog.
Blessings,
 

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

So sorry you're sick! If you have the same virus that my family had, the post-nasal drip and coughing won't completely go away for a few weeks.

I love how you used a Post-it note to mask and sponge on your card. It's lovely with those fall colors!

Praises that your little guy will get the help he needs at another school! Now you and Patti can focus on teaching the other children.

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...