Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tears At Work But Again God Is Faithful

 What an amazing show of the spirit that was in New York City that day!  I never get tired seeing this picture.  I pray for all of those who continue to live with the loss of that day and those who continue to serve our country by leaving their family for months or a year at a time.  Can you image what it's like to be separated from you family for a year?  What a sacrifice to keep us free.  God bless our troops and those left behind.

     I have to tell you I've never cried at work before, but today was the breaking point.  I spent a small part of the morning testing students using a reading test.  It was GREAT!  I actually felt like I was teaching and working.
  After that I had two students become difficult to work with.  We spent the morning trying to keep them under control so they wouldn't tantrum or take off running.  That takes a lot of physical and emotional strength.    The one student has a one on one assistant so for the most part she manages his behavior with help from me.  The other student just refused to do anything except color.  When he was done coloring he wanted to color on his desk, and all of the things in his desk.  He tried to pour glue all over the paper he was doing and was stopped.  He tried to rip up the paper.  Then he took his black crayon and tried to color on anything he could.
  He dropped to the floor and refused to move.  It was time to go to lunch and he refused to leave the room.  We tried all sorts of things to distract him but nothing worked.  He was brought to the principal's office where he began to take socks and shoes off and throw them.  He then tried to take his shirt off.....Needless to say it was a late lunch today.  Another teacher and I sat him down on a chair and pushed the chair to lunch.  He sat at the end of the table to eat lunch.
Exhausted, we went to lunch...........When Patti, my assistant came and asked how the last part of the morning went, naturally I cried.
  God is faithful in that Patti, immediately asked for my hands and she prayed for me, her, the kids and all the staff that were having struggles. What a wonderful gift I have in her.  God shed some light on things and I asked a few teachers how they figured out their schedules.  I have two different grade levels to work around.
   Tonight we had Bible Study with another couple. We are studying the book called Heaven by Randy Alcorn.  It's a very interesting study.  I need to continue to look to God for all of my needs.

Here's a song by Tenth Avenue North called Losing.



I pray that you are not losing and that you are forgiving whomever you need to forgive.  The only one that loses is you if you don't forgive.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessing of the Day:Patti praying for me
Blessings,

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

You've written it before, but who could ask for a better co-worker and friend! ... Your words about forgiveness are timely for me. I've been trying to let go of some bitter feelings. I thought I had forgiven, but I haven't forgotten. And sometimes those negative thoughts pop out at me when I least expect them to. I just heard that song yesterday. It's a good one!

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...