Sunday, April 21, 2013

1 Year Anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of when we lost my mother-in-law.  The family gathered at my sister-in-law's house to visit with her son and his fiancee who were up to visit.  It was a nice way to help Dad get through the day.  He still had time to himself to remember mom at home, but wasn't consumed with it for the whole day.  Praise God.

After this past week with all the violence and pain I found another song that really lifted my spirits.  It's not a new song, but God knew I needed it and gave it to me via a friend. Thank you Emily for sharing this.  It's called Victor's Crown by Darlene Zschech.  Knowing God has overcome the world and I am His fills me with such joy.


Here's a card I made for today's Featured Stamper challenge.  Here's the 411.

Here is my card to honor Robin. My inspiration was this card.  
I stamped the flowers in primrose petals and raspberry ripple. I used limeade for the stem. I embossed the front of the image panel. I then edged the image panel with black paper. Black ribbon was also used. The background of the card was stamped with bella toile background stamp using versamark. White embossing powder was also used. 


   Today is a busy day for most of the family.  I am home alone and it's sunny but cold outside.  I am doing laundry and getting my LAST education plan written!  The last one I will EVER write.


I've been sick most of the day.  Gone between a bad headache, stomachache and feeling light headed.  I did keep going though and got 40 cards done for Operation Write Home.  Here's a sampling of  them. I feel so blessed to be able to do this for men and women who are protecting us and giving of themselves for their country.
Blessing of the Day: Got cards ready to send for Operation Write Home.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...