Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Train Ride On A Rainy Day




Today was an interestingly filled day.  Our three kindergarten classes went on the Cuyahoga Valley Train through the park.  It was 52 kids and 7 adults in a train car.  The great part was I wasn't in charge of a class for once!  I also was the last one on the train and didn't have to sit with kids so I had a quiet seat by myself for the train ride. :)

Tonight I dropped Sarah at church, shopped for some things then came home to check out what was retiring from Stampin' Up.  Yikes, I am losing 25 stamp sets!  I usually keep my favs and sell the rest.  
  Demonstrators also got to look at the new catalog online.  My list for the new catty is pretty long.  Good thing this catalog lasts a year! LOL
  DH asked if I worked on my last education plan for Tuesday.  I replied that no I hadn't, I was too busy looking at the new catalog.
Here area few cards I made.
This one is for the color challenge from SCS.  This is a Stampendous riverboat stamped in not quite navy then covered with versamark and extra thick clear embossing powder twice. Once it was heated the second time, I put it in the freezer for a few minutes and cracked it when it came out. This is called cracked glass. I wanted this to look like a photo that was old. I used river rock to age it a bit. I used river rock ink on the baja blue layer and crumpled it up a bit. I used the houndstooth embossing folder for the background. This was an easy masculine card.  


 
 This one is for the technique lovers challenge on SCS.  You were supposed to use a loop of ribbon.
I used Festival of Prints designer paper and the set The Open Sea. I embossed the white base, then used SU's oval Framelits to cut out the ovals. I used the modern label punch and the key tag punch for the words. I added the loop at the top like the flag of the ship, which if you look closely is missing. :(


 
Here's a Chris Tomlin song to listen to called Unfailing Love.  See what you think.


Blessing of the Day:I got to have a relaxing day on the train.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....