Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lord I Pray for Oklahoma Today

What a terrible event in Moore, Oklahoma.  A tornado that did horrible damage.  It's hard to comprehend.

Lord we can't comprehend this kind of damage and pain but you can.  You cry with these people and want to help them endure the pain this brings.   Thank you that more weren't killed.  So many are suffering Lord, we pray that you will hold them near, comfort them and bring them through this dark time.



We've had hotter than usual weather here in Ohio and it's really affected us at work.  Temperatures were in the upper 80's and without cross ventilation or air conditioning it was tough to teach.  We were all dripping with sweat.  Yuck, I hate to teach in weather like this.  We all melt and can't wait to get into air conditioning.

I have a card to share.  

This is the envelope card I demonstrated at Val's workshop last night.  She wanted my to use the Secret Garden set, so I did this and another card.  Isn't this neat?  You cut then crimp an A2 envelope after you stamp it.

I have to share something wonderful Tim did yesterday.  When I got home he said, "I really missed you today."  "I was going to call you but I thought you'd think it was silly.  No way, I was so touched.  After almost 20 years of marriage, this was a wonderful gift!  Thank you God!

Today when I got home he asked if he could show me something.  He took me to the screened in porch.  There he had planted 3 containers of Zinnia seeds.  I had told him growing up I bought zinnia seeds and was so excited to see them bloom, but they didn't grow.  It was so sad cuz I used my own money.  He said after hearing that he wanted to cry.  So he bought me seeds and planted them so I could have Zinnia's.  Awwww, isn't that something?  This guy continues to surprise me in year 19!  Love it!
Here's one of many songs written by Zach Sobiech, 17 years old.  Zach has had bone cancer for three years and was told there was no more the doctors could do.  He was told he'd die in months.  Zach decided to live each day to the fullest and write songs to leave a legacy for his family and dedicate songs to them.  This was his way to say good-bye to his family and friends. Sadly, Zach died yesterday.  
Here's his song called Clouds which was written for his girlfriend.  Praying for your family and friends Zach.  Zach had the right idea of living each day making others happy.  If you watch other videos with Zach in them you'll see his smile often as he speaks of his future.  In spite of dying with cancer this young man wants to continue to have an impact on those around him.  What an amazing young man.


Blessing of the day: God is surrounding Moore Oklahoma and they haven't lost a many people as they originally reported!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...