Sunday, May 26, 2013

Time to Make Cards and Listen To God Talk Through Song

After all of the work yesterday I gave myself the day off today!  The only thing I left the house for was to get a haircut.

Here's what I made.......
Here's my card to honor Vicki as the Featured Stamper. I CASED this card here
I used the new SU colors, coastal cabana, strawberry slush and baked brown sugar. I embossed the brown and used the heart framelits to cut the center out. I fussy cut the flowers and added them with glue dots. I also added pearls and the button with ribbon. The ribbon was colored with coastal cabana using a dauber. I stamped the wedding verse....Love is patient, love is kind, on the inside so it would show when the card was closed. So, I changed the text, the embossing folder, the colors and the ribbon.

 This cute card was made for Operation Write Home.  We were to make a Thank You card to send to one of the Heroes.  You write a note inside and they send it to someone who doesn't get too much mail from home.  I love that idea.
 This is a card I made for a workshop I did Friday.  They loved it.  I hope the hostess gets a few more orders from her friends.
 Here's my second card to honor Vicki. I got my inspiration from this card of hers
I also CASED Brandy's envelope card found here:
Tim was gone most of the day.  He went to work early then went to his Dad's house to put a new roof on his Dad's back porch.  All of the kids went and got things done at Dad's house.  They work as a team and in several hours get things done that Dad needs to have done. 

We'll see Dad tomorrow for lunch and a cook out.  I enjoy seeing him and feeding him.  I especially love sending leftovers home with him. :)

Take a listen to this song called, The Hurt and the Healer by Mercy Me.

Lyrics:

Why?
The question that is never far away
The healing doesn't come from the explained
Jesus please don't let this go in vain
You're all I have
All that remains

So here I am
What's left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I'm alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I've fallen into Your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide

Breathe
Sometimes I feel it's all that I can do
Pain so deep that I can hardly move
Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
Lord take hold and pull me through

So here I am
What's left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I'm alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I've fallen into your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide

It's the moment when humanity
Is overcome by majesty
When grace is ushered in for good
And all the scars are understood
When mercy takes its rightful place
And all these questions fade away
When out of the weakness we must bow
And hear You say "It's over now"

I'm alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I've fallen into your arms open wide
When The hurt and the healer collide

Jesus come and break my fear
Awake my heart and take my tears
Find Your glory even here
When the hurt and the healer collide

Jesus come and break my fear
Awake my heart and take my tears
Find Your glory even here

Blessing of the Day: Tim got the programming bug worked out so he could update the software at the office and the stores.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Lovely card, lovely song!

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...