Friday, June 21, 2013

The Countdown Begins......10-9-8-7.....

  The countdown to vacation has now begun.  Had a family meeting and everyone knows what he/she is responsible for.  We will leave at 6 a.m. and fortunately I'm not driving first! LOL  I can roll out of bed, bring my pillow and snooze some more until it gets light.

We are on our way to Maine for this vacation. We're thinking this is the last family vacation we'll have with  both Ben and Sarah so we wanted to make it somewhere with a beach again.  The beach was a popular thing on our last vacation.

I've also announced that I will be looking up stamp places in Maine.  My hubby said he was going to look up fish stores there too.  Both kids said we could take those little trips without them.  They were going to stay behind and relax.  It works for all of us!

Here's a new artist called Citizens with their song called, Made Alive.  I really liked it when I first heard it so I just had to share.  Let me know what you think.

I made a clean and simple card,(CAS) which is difficult for me since I like layers.  Anyway today's challenge on SCS was to make a quick card that reminded you of summer.  I chose the flowers of summer.
Here's my card.

Ben and Rachel posted a very nice picture so I just had to share it.  This is their Graduation Banquet at Church.

Here are the cards and bag we made at my Stamp Night, tonight.
The black and white card was modified a bit from Brandy's card found here.
 The bag is one that Stampin' Up posted on their website, but you can also find it at Brandy's blog.
 This is one of my own creations.  I took my gingham wheel off the wheel and put it on a block and stamped with it.  Loved being able to do that.  It was easier to get a straight line.  I also colored the rose in the center with an aqua painter and cantaloupe ink.
 This card is also from Brandy's blog.  Inside is the cutest pop-up tissue box with a little tissue!
 Here is my Stamp-N-Storage Marker holder.  It was made to go vertical and hold 2 markers in each holder.  I turned it horizontally and put 3 markers in each!  Love it.  I had to go to Pat Catan's and get two more shelves to hold the rest of my markers.  It did show me that in NO uncertain terms do I NEED any more markers! LOL   Although, there are a few blank spaces there aren't there?

Blessing of the Day: Got cards and 3D item ready for stamping tonight.  Ben hugged me before leaving tonight.  Sarah invited her friend Syd who is such a great kid.  Loved seeing her tonight.  It's so nice to hear kid's voices in the house.  I love it!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...